Ch. 72

Epilogue

Two years later

I look at myself in the mirror. My wedding dress is perfect and I'm ready to walk down the aisle to the love of my life. I feel arms wrap around my legs. I look down to the blonde curls of our daughter Emery. "Are you ready to go see daddy?" She looks up at me and I see her beautiful purple eyes just like Maddox's looking back at me. That's not the only trait she got of Maddox's. My Angel is a dare devil and smart as a whip at fifteen months. She's quiet and pensive and always knows she's right and throws the worst temper tantrums when she doesn't get her way. Grandma says Emery came out ready to rule the world and didn't understand why people didn't bow down to her on sight. I have to agree, she is her father's daughter.

"Daddy, now." She answers.

I smile and I walk her to the doors where I see Uncle John waiting to walk me down the aisle. J.J is there too waiting to take Emery down the aisle. She runs to him and he picks her up spinning her around. "You ready beautiful?"

"Yes, daddy. Now." The music starts and J.J. starts walking down the aisle. I was watch as Emery starts squirming in his arms. He stops and puts her down. She runs the rest of the way to Maddox who is smiling with his arms open for her. She throws herself into his waiting arms and hugs him. Life has been so perfect. I decided to move up getting married when I discovered a month ago that I'm pregnant again. Maddox was a happy man when I told him we were going to be parents again. After I had Emery, I decided to stay home with her. I couldn't leave her, it was too hard. Maddox had a play area put into his office and we spend a couple of hours there when we can.

I hear the wedding march start and Uncle John takes my hand and puts it around his arm. "Ready, sweetheart?"

"Always." I answer.