Ch.33

Maddox opens the car door for me, kissing me deeply before letting me get in. I feel exhausted, today has to be one of the most emotionally draining days I've ever had. I'm still upset at Maddox initially choosing fighting over me. I feel kind of pathetic actually begging him to choose me. Am I making another mistake? Can I trust Maddox? Am I setting us up to fail by demanding him to change?

"What are you thinking about?" Maddox asks, taking my hand.

"Us." I answer, truthfully.

"Why are you frowning?" He questions, scared glancing at me repeatedly.

"Because I don't know if I did the right thing. Demanding you to change for me. What's our relationship going to be like if it's based on an ultimatum?" I question.

"A saved one." He answers. "You didn't make me choose you. You told me what you needed to stay with me, I chose to stop. I love you. I want to give you everything you could ever want or need. I panicked. I've felt so good the last three, it's a rush. I don't know how to be without it. I know before I started fighting I didn't have anything to lose and now that I could lose you, it's just not worth it."

"I love you, too." I respond, looking at him.

"Will you still move in with me?" He asks.

"I guess." I answer,, tired of the topic.

"Happy birthday." He says, handing me a box from underneath his seat.

"Thanks." I reply, looking at the clock, it's 1:35 a.m.

"Open it." He demands, excitedly.

I open it and find a robin's egg blue Tiffany's box. "Maddox." I say my heart hammering.

"Open it, you'll love it."

I lift the top and inside is the most beautiful emerald and diamond ring I've ever seen. I love it. I take the ring out and put it on my ring finger on my right hand. It fits perfectly.

"How did you know my ring size?"

"I didn't. I stole a ring from your jewelry box." Maddox answers, unashamed.

"It's so beautiful. I love it, thank you." I say, leaning over to kiss his cheek.

We pull into the parking lot of his complex and we both get out. I'm too tired to wait for him to open my door. I just want to go to bed.

He takes my hand and we walk into the building. We get in the elevator and Maddox pulls me into a hug. "Tired, kitten?"

"Very." I yawn. The elevator doors open and Maddox carries me to his room and into the bathroom. We both grab our toothbrushes and brush our teeth. After I'm done, he carries me to the bed pulling down the covers and I slide in, my eyes already closing. He kisses my forehead and turns off the light.

I hear him quietly undress and come to bed, he pulls me to him and huffs. He starts, taking Tyler's boxers off me, I'm confused at first then he explains, "You smell like him." And continues to undress me. When I'm only in my panties, he pulls me back to him and we both fall asleep.

.............................................................................................................

I wake up still a little groggy, I hear the noise that woke me up. Maddox is trying to cook, at least thats what it sounds like. I hear a pan hit something hard and I smell burning. I am not eating anything he cooks. I roll over to look at the alarm clock, 10:37 a.m. I left my phone at Tyler's I realize. I guess it doesn't matter if I'm seeing him tonight, I can get it then. I know I'll have a call from Chris and probably his brother Alex, both always call me to wish me a happy birthday.