No emotions or feelings

(Rahma's pov)

After Asif's mother said that I literally looked at her like she lost it.

She's seriously crying because she killed a cockroach?!, I thought she kidnapped someone and killed them or stole something, or maybe lost her job or something.

"Babababahahaha...." Aleena suddenly burst into a fits of laughter and soon everyone joined her.

Come to think of it, it's actually very funny.

"Okay, you got us this time around." Asad said while trying to concentrate
on eating again.

"Well the atmosphere was too gloomy so we thought of doing something to cheer everyone's mode." Their mom said.

"Your mom came up with the idea." Asif's Dad said and suddenly we all looked at her, I mean she is such a good actress, she really acted like a so well and we all fell for it.

After all the laughter died down, Asif's mother suddenly had a serious expression on her face as she asked.

"Did you all really think that I'll kill someone?" She asked and I could see how Asif gulped really hard.

Okay this is one of those moments when Asif's mother will turn on serious mode and turns really scary.

"Nope, I didn't believe that not even for a second." Aleena said but she still received a suspicious glare from her mother.

"You should all run before I make you" Asif's mother said and she didn't have to say it twice because we all stood up from the dinning table.

Asif's Dad also stood up together with us when his wife looked at him with a frown on her face and said.

"Where do you think you're going?" She asked in a very authoritative tone.

I didn't stay to listen to what they said next as Asif dragged me upstairs, instead of taking me to the visitors room we went to his room.

"We need to talk." He said sounding really serious.

Okay so what's this going to be about now?.

When we entered his room he decided to use the bathroom while I scrolled through my phone and that's when I received a call from Victoria.

Oh shit, I feel like a horrible person, I haven't called her since when we did does crazy sports in school and I haven't heard from her.

"R-rahma." She said and I could immediately sense that she has been crying.

"Vicky?, What happened?" I said as I became fully alert.

"It's m-mom she p-passed away an hour ago due to asthma." She said all the while crying.

In'na li'allahi wa'inna illahi raji'un(From Allah we are and to Allah we shall return) I mumbled under my breath, I literally forgot about Mrs Monroe's health issue.

I suddenly felt the tears threatening to flow down my cheeks and it took everything in me to reply back to Victoria.

"Where are you now?" I asked.

"We're still in the hospital, Rahma please come fast I beg of you, I can't do this Alone and Richard isn't in the country but he's on his way back." She said helplessly.

"Send me the address, I'll be there inshaAllah." I said to her and also said some comforting words before I finally disconnected the call.

I felt my knees become week and I had to hold onto the mirror stand for support so as not to fall.

I didn't realized that I was crying until I felt someone embrace me from behind.

"Everything will be okay in Sha Allah." He said to me while turning me around to face him and I hugged him tight needing comfort and support at that moment.

"It never gets better Asif instead it always gets worse, m-my w-hole life, everything always k-keeps getting worse and I try so hard to hold on but it feels like the universe is trying even harder to break me."

He rubbed circular motion over my back as he said.

"Rahma, Allah always test you but never forget, there are people out there who don't have a roof over their heads, some don't get three meals a day to survive, some are severely sick and unhealthy and some mother's want to do everything they can to help their children but they always have to watch their children die helplessly, some get to see the scene of their parents being brutally killed, some get into miserable situations far worse than what you pass through, so habibity everything will get better." He said as he kissed my trails of tears.

"Remember no matter the situation, you will always have me by your side, you'll never be alone in this rahma, I promise to do my best to heal you, to be your supporter, to make you experience life to the fullest, and to make you happy" He said and paused and at this point I had stopped crying.

"But you'll have to be strong along the process, you can't just give up on life like that, no matter the challenges it keeps throwing at your way, you have to keep fighting back, remember it's always best to finish what you've started if it's a positive thing that you started."

"So rahma, Victoria needs you right now, you have to be strong for her, you have to be there for her, your sister needs you rahma." Asif said and I couldn't help but to look at him with new found admiration.

He is right, for 16 years I have endured, I will keep surviving no matter the challenges or the situation I find myself in.

Six minutes later Asif and I got ready and left the house after informing his parents that we'll be out for a very important Emergency and with that we drove towards the hospital location that Victoria sent to me.

Upon arrival we made our way towards the room number that Victoria informed me about and we soon arrived inside a room which revealed a broken hearted Victoria in the corner while Mrs Monroe's body layed lifeless on the hospital bed.

Victoria looked up to see who entered the room and when she suddenly recognized my presence she stood up and walked towards me with heavy steps.

I was expecting to see her crying but instead she looked broken, so very broken as she walked towards me, I met her half way and enveloped her in a hug.

"She is also gone." She whispered next to my ear without emotions.

No tears, no feelings or emotions was evident in the way she acted, she seemed defeated and it was like she finally built a wall to stop herself from feeling anything.

Most especially pain, and right then I knew that the lively Victoria was gone.

Maybe I shouldn't have left them after Margret's death, I should have stayed with them and supported them in every little way I could but instead I left.

And now I wish I stayed, but sometimes we can't change the past but we can surely be more cautious about the future.

A/N.
Thanks for reading
I'm dedicating this chapter to an awesome reader.

Thank you MajenBeos02's for always reading.