The flow of tears.

(Rahma's pov).

The car ride back home was peaceful and perfect.

Asif held my hand throughout the ride. It was like he sensed my anxiety, and with that small gesture and the smile he gave me, it made me more calm and prepared for what was coming.

We finally arrived, and Asif parked the car.

We stayed inside the car, and my heart kept beating nonstop, I really didn't know if I was ready for what was coming, but then I felt a warm, rough hand on my cheek.

"It's okay if you're not ready, but if you are ready to see them, then I'll be here with you through it." He said, looking into my eyes, and I felt like he was making a promise to me.

"Thank you for being here, but I'm ready to face the situation." I said to him with determination laced in my voice.

We both came out of the car, and with heavy footsteps, I made my way towards the door of the house I lived in for years.

It felt quite as I made my way towards the door, which was odd.

I tried opening the door, but it was locked, I looked for the key under the rug, but it wasn't there either.

"What's wrong?" Asif asked as he moved closer to me to see what was happening.

"There's no one at home." I said with a worried voice.

"They aren't home." Our neighbour Mr hailon said as he stood from the pouch.

"Do you maybe know where they went too?" I asked him.

"They went to get Margaret's body ready for the burial." He said, which made my heart sink.

"Can you please tell us the address of where they are?" Asif asks, and Mr hailon looked at him suspiciously before finally nodding his head and giving us the address.

We thanked him, and then Asif and I made our way back to the car and headed for the location we were giving.

Silence enveloped the car once again as I kept on thinking of what Mrs Monroe is probably passing through now.

Maybe she wasn't the kindest person I know, but she loved her child a lot, and she has a special spot for Margret, I know how she spoiled Margret to bits, so she must be really heartbroken

Richard must also be feeling horrible right now. He loves his sister's so much and was very kind to them.

I didn't realize that we had already arrived at the place or the fact that I was once again crying until I felt protective hands wrap around my body.

"It's okay." He said in his soft voice, and I couldn't help but break down into more tears.

I've been trying to hold it in since when I woke up, but I couldn't do it anymore.

Why did this affect me so much?.

Maybe it's because Margret actually liked me before until everyone else changed her opinion on black people.

And I can not ignore the fact that she was still my sister even if I am an adopted child.

Also, all those times in the orphanage when no one will adopt me, when they all said harsh words to my face and when they didn't notice me.