The new black guy.

(Rahma's pov)

I slowly opened my eyes as the ray of sunlight hit my face through the curtains, it felt different but it was the good type of different.

Never in my life have I thought that I would one day sleep and wake up on a comfy bed and a nice looking room.

I'm happy that I kept having hope in Allah, in a way I was mentally prepared to end up dead in the hands of those who looked at me with hateful glares.

I knew I had an identity, they didn't know but I always knew it.

My skin and hair was a proof, the black on me spoke strength and the will to always fight.

It's been a week living with Asif's family and it's been the most peaceful experience in my life.

I do go back home to visit Mrs Monroe and they are hopefully doing better, Margret's memories were still present in all our heart but the pain of loosing her was much less.

Slowly everything was going back to normal and everyone carried out their daily activities, somehow it was like Margret never existed in the first place.

I've already settled in my new room which is the visitors room.

It was really nice and very accommodating, it is also better than anything I ever had, Asif and his family always made me feel like family, well excluding Asad.

He still gave me the vicious glares and he sometimes reminded me of the old Mrs Monroe.

I lazily walked out of bed and made my way to the bathroom while groaning, I so badly wanted to go back to sleep but I couldn't cause well there's a place called school.

After taking a nice shower and putting on my clothes, I quickly made my bed and arranged the room.

I wasn't forced to do any chores but the need to do some work was still in my blood.

Asif's family were early birds, after fajr prayer they go on with their morning routine.

Well except for Asif, he's a heavy sleeper and doesn't wake up easily unless if it's his mom doing the waking up job.

Making my way downstairs and into the dinning room, i saw everyone seated on their seats and getting ready for breakfast as usual.

I was about to take my seat when I stopped dead on track, why?
Because Asif Ahmad was actually awake and seated on his seat looking energized.

"As'salamualaikum" I said as I made my way to seat next to Aleena.

"Wa'alaikumusalam." Everyone at the table replied to my greeting, well everyone except Asad but I decided to ignore his attitude for today.

We were all having breakfast without anyone bringing up any topic so it was really quite but the peaceful type of quite.

Well the silence was broken by Asad's voice when he said.

"Amina will be visiting before summer holiday."

"What!, When did she tell you?" Aleena asked a little too loudly with her voice filled with excitement.

"Is she coming with her family?" Asif's mother asked with a pleased smile.

I turned to look at Asif and I also found the same look on his face, excited and happy to hear the news about this Amina.

They all looked happy when her name was mentioned even asif's father suddenly looked very interested when her name was mentioned.

"Nope. She's only coming over with Isham." Asad said while throwing a teasing look at Aleena when he said Isham's name which made her blush.