12. Eric met your dad?

POV Liam

"Was she the girl?" asks Chole after Amelia left.

"Your sister was in college!" I yelled distracted

"Med school! College was long time ago," she clarifies.

"Chloe, I fucked up."

"Yes you kinda did. What are you gonna do Liam? Your dating her already."

"Definitely gonna break up!" I say digesting the truth.

"Think about it," she says looking very concern. "Oh, before I forget, I got you some pie, it's pumpkin, your favourite," she says as she leaves.

I sit there, still thinking about Nichole— or Roberts, what should call her? Dr Roberts was like a father to me. His daughters are like sisters to me, except Nichole, of course. I have to play golf with him in sometime, better deal with this as soon as possible.

"Hey Liam, you are early," Robert said.

"And yet you are the one practicing," I say sarcastically. "You know you're gonna lose."

"Oh, don't get too ahead of yourself son, I am not old and experienced for nothing," he said with a smirk.

"Robert, I wanted to ask you something."

"Yes go ahead."

"Why did you hide from me that your daughter works at the hospital?" I asked with a serious face.

"Well, Liam what can I say. Amy is my youngest and so I couldn't refuse her when she told me not to tell anyone she's my daughter, especially anyone working in the hospital." He explained.

"Wont you ask me how I found out?" I asked.

"Oh Liam, I know a smart guy like you would eventually find out. I mean you are like family to us, of you would get to know," He said confidently. "Well, now that you know the truth,I can't help but be relieved. I didn't want to hide it, especially from you. Now I will  am relieved that Amy has you to take care of her there."

After talking to Robert I felt more guilty. He didn't suspect a thing, rather he wanted me to take care of Nichole. I do consider Alice and Chloe somewhat my family but Nichole? I could never not want to fuck her!

When were finished with the game we drove back to the house. Robert invited me to come to his house and officially meet Amy, but I made up an excuse. I couldn't think of facing her without clearing things up with her. I liked her but under these circumstances I knew I needed to breakup with her.

Nichole- can we talk

Me- yes, come to my office after your done.

Nichole- ok

POV Amelia

"Hey," I enter nervously. I knew that after what happened at his house, he wasn't totally fine with me being George Roberts daughter. Chloe had explained me that he was like family to them and that he would feel like he was breaking Dads trust if he dated me. I was prepared to just sober out our relationship.

"Hey, Nichole.." he said as focused on me.

"Liam, I know what happened was unexpected but please look at it from my point of view. I didn't think it would be a big deal."

"Nichole what's the point of discussing that now, let's just breakup and— still be friends?" He said calmly.

"So that it huh?" I asked a bit annoyed.

"Yes, it's the best for both of us, trust me," he said without any heartbreak. "There's your dads birthday party this weekend, I hope we can act like nothing happened between us in front of your dad?"

"Yes of course," I said sadly as I left.

I couldn't believe Liam just broke up with me because of who my father was. I didn't think it mattered that my father and Liam knew each other, even if they were close friends I wouldn't think my father would object to our relationship. What angers me the most is that I was willing to almost sacrifice my career, my job, my dream for a guy would wouldn't fight for me, or even try!

"Hey, hey what happened?" Chloe entered.

"He broke up with me," I say still sobbing.

"Oh no, it gonna be alright, don't worry."

"Chloe, he did it because of Dad!" I say in disbelief.

"See I don't want to take side or defend anyone, but he has his own reasons you know. He is not all that wrong, I mean it would put a strain in his relation with us. But at the same time if he wanted he could try, no one stopped him." Chloe said as I cried. "Now forget about him, he isn't worth it."

The next few days, we saw each other in the hospital but acted like strangers. Our eyes met only for a second after which it disconnected. I knew he wouldn't have forgotten me as I couldn't forget him! But nothing could have happened.

Alice- it's Dads birthday this weekend, we're having a surprise birthday party!

Me- do you need help?

Alice- no Silly, your already busy don't stress yourself. Just show up with dad since he'll be in the hospital too.

Me- done

Chloe- hey btw mostly Liam is gonna be there...

Me- it's fine, I'm over that.

Alice - what are y'all talking about?

I went to my dads office. I just needed to see him for some reason. I knew I wasn't gonna tell him about Liam and I, still I needed to talk to him.

"Hey dad," I bared in and instantly regretted it. There was Liam with my dad, talking about some case probably.

"Hey kiddo, I want you to officially met Liam, he's the chief of surgery."

"Yes I have had some sessions with him," I say as I shake his hand.

"Well, Liam found out that's why I'm introducing," Dad explained. I knew he would find out, he's a smart and one of the best doctor in this hospital," he complained. "Are you coming to my birthday party Liam?" Dad asked.

"What birthday party..." Liam tried to coverup.

"Oh please, every year they throw me a surprise birthday party, that is not a surprise anymore. Exactly this year I'll have my sweetie Amy here with me."

"Dad, Chole and Alice are putting so much effort, at least pretend you are surprise," I said rolling my eyes.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to ask you, bring that guy of yours." Dad says as Liam scowls looking intensely at his papers.

"What was his name..." Dad tries to recall.

"Eric?" I say and see Liams face get darker and darker.

"Yes Eric! Invite him too,"

"Sure." Finding and opportunity to annoy Liam and taking it.

As I leave Dad's office, my mood lightens up. Liam getting annoyed at the mention of Eric was so funny! It clearly showed that he just pretended to be over me and deep down he really care for me. I get in the elevator with a smile on my face, when suddenly someone's hand stops the elevator from closing. It was Liam of course, he barges in and pressed the stop button.

"Hey wtf are you doing," I said astonished at his actions.

"Wtf Nicole, Eric met your dad?"

"Yes, can you stop this shit." I go over to release the stop bottom when he blocks me with his huge body and comes closer to me.

"Tell me the truth." He demands. I started breathing faster as he got closer and closer to me.

_________________________________