11. Nichole?

POV Amelia

I wake up the next morning in Liam's bed. I remembered last night, I so tired that I had fallen asleep in the car. Liam wasn't there next to me, but left a note saying,

"I had to rush there was an emergency. PS. We are going on a date today don't say no ;)

As I got up, I went to get a cup of coffee. I happiness in this moment, we were finally a thing! I've wanted to go out with Liam, ever since he had asked for the first time, but I hesitated due to our situation. But now I has risked it and it's all worth it!

As I reached the hospital, I rushed to see Dr Thomas before anything else. I needed to get things straight with her, explain her the whole situation.

"Come in," she said as I knocked the door.

"Good morning Dr Thomas, I needed to talk to you..." I said nervously.

"Oh, good morning Nichole, yes tell me," she asked a bit stunned.

"I wanted to apologise for what happened yesterday in the on- call room. I wanted to explain that Liam—sorry Dr Lucas and are not just fooling around, we are dating. We submitted the paperwork to the administration— and I would really appreciate if you wouldn't tell this to anyone in the hospital since we are keeping it a secret."

"Yeah sure, listen I don't care what you and Dr Lucas and you do. My problem is just dealing with the interns. You can date without information the hospital for all I care, just don't have sex.. in the on call room." She says.

"Yes, I'm sorry about that, it won't happen again. Thank you!" I said as I was about to leave the office, when Dr Thomas stopped me.

"Dr Nichole, since your early, come see patients with me today," she offers.

"Really?" I asked surprised.

"Yes, yesterday you worked hard, so think of this like your reward," she says. We go room to room to check in patients, until we finally reach the vip room.

"Good morning Dr Roberts, I came in to check the patient," she says as we enter the room. "Ah, this is one of our interns, Dr Nicholes and this is the best neurosurgeon we have, Dr Roberts," she introduces.

"Morning Dr Nichole," dad says hiding a smile.

"Good Morning Dr Roberts," I say hoping not to get caught.

"So, why only one intern, where are the rest?" Questions Dad.

"Oh, Dr Nichole helped me a lot yesterday in the emergency room, so this is like her treat," says Dr Thomas with a smile.

During lunch break, I decided to go and see dad in his office. I hadn't seen him in a long time, since both of us were busy in the hospital. I wanted tell dad about Liam before he got to know from someone else, since paperwork was done and the hospital administration was informed.

"Hey Dad!" I went in.

"Hey, kiddo, I'm really proud of you," he says as he comes and hugs me.

"Yeah yesterday was a rush, and Dr Thomas happened to find me that's all."

"No but still, Dr Thomas is no easy lady to please. And since she is taking so much interest in shows that you are a good doctor—-and Nichole? When did you change your name to Nichole?" He asked.

"Dad, you are The Roberts of the hospital. I didn't want anyone to suspect so I gave them my middle name," I explain.

"Okay then Dr Nichole, I think you should get back to work," he says with a giggle.