3. Meant to be?

POV Amelia

No fucking way! It was Liam! Right in front of me, staring at me with those hazel eyes. As the doctor introduced themselves, I could feel Liam's eyes still watching me. Then he introduced himself.

"Good morning everyone! I am Dr Lucas and I'm the chief resident for surgery here," he said.

Shit he's fucking CHIEF OF SURGERY for god fucking sake! What have I gotten my self into, I though as they exited the room. Fuck! This is bad, this is so bad! I could not help but remain anxious the whole day, until unch when I had to talk it out before this gets the best of me. I approach the receptionist to ask for Dr Lucas.

"He must have finished his surgery by now..he might be in his office," she said.

"And where is his office?" I questioned.

"Room 3 in the 10th floor," she replied.

I rush towards the elevator as soon as I could. When I finally reached the room, I gathered all my strength, mentally and knocked—No one answered, knocked again—Shit is he not in there? When suddenly I felt someone's presence behind me. Fuck no, not this again. He's definitely behind me—And there he was, havering over me with that a smirk that always appears on his lips.

"I need to talk to you," I say nervously.

"Only talk Dr Nichole?" he teases as we enter the room.

"I'm serious!" I respond. Last night was a mistake. Let's just forget about it—not mention it—especially to anybody in the hospital!"

"Yeah, no problem," he says engrossed in this thoughts

"Why didn't your house not seem like it was a— DOCTOR'S HOUSE?" He questioned.

"What is a DOCTOR'S HOUSE? Does it have organs scattered every? Blood?" I asked confused

"No not that, you know what I'm talking about— the books and all," he tried to explain

"That was my roommates room," I confess

"Oh see that's why I didn't know! She had all those comics and magazines..."

You went through her stuff," I frowned. "How snoopy of you."

"Yes of course, what if you were a serial killer or something. Can never be too safe right," he said without any guilt.

"Anyways I just came here to sort thing between us. You can't let anyone know about us, okay?"

"Yeah promise," he said with a smirk

"Hey, give me your number," he asked just before I was about to leave

"Why?"

"So you can text me and don't have to come to my office every time you want to talk to me or do you?" I says with a smirk.

Fine.." I sight and dialled in in his phone.

While I was going down, I reflected on all that just happened. Wtf! Is my life. Liam was a handsome guy with broad shoulders, hazel eyes and a wonderful smile. In addition he was also very good in bed, we were all over each other, it was great. I would totally fall for him if he wasn't working here. For gods sake! he's my boss, no he's my boss's boss!