Chapter 5

Ella sat in her science class, she joined Demetri and Miguel at their table as the three of them were in a group together. It was the day they would be dissecting pig fetuses. Ella smiled at her two friends.

"Who wants to take Samantha in?" Everyone fell silent as the class stared at Sam, Ella put her hand up, letting the teacher know that her and her group would take in Sam. Sam gave her sister a grateful smile as she walked over and sat down.

Ella held back a laugh when Sam asked Miguel what he thought the sex of their assigned pig was, she held her hand over her mouth as she watched her friend get all flustered and begin to stumble over his words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ella walked into the room with the Bonsai trees at the auto shop. The school day was finished and she wanted to come in and say hi to her parents. Her mom had told her that her dad was in the Bonsai room.

Ell smiled as she walked into the room, placing her bag down as she saw her dad and a boy she didn't recognise.

"Hey, Dad! Whos' this?," Ella greeted as she walked over and hugged her dad, waving at the unfamiliar boy.

"Hey, El," Daniel greeted back as he hugged the blonde, "Oh, and that's Robby. He's one of our newest employees." Robby greeted Ella with a smile and shook her hand, Ella smiled back at him.

"We were just cutting the Bonsai's if you want to help?," Daniel suggested and Ella nodded eagerly, grabbing a pair of the trimming scissors and got to work. Closing her eyes as she took a deep breath, picturing the tree in her mind before she slowly began to trim the branches, her hands were slightly shaky as she did so. This was one of the few activities where Ella found that she was actually able to focus without getting distracted so easily.

Daniel left the two kids alone for a couple of minutes and took a Bonsai with him to give to a customer. Ella quietly hummed one of her favorite songs as she continued to cut the tree.

"It's Ella, right?," Robby suddenly asked, pulling Ella out of her own world and she turned to face him, nodding in confirmation.

"When'd you start working here?," Ella asked, now fully turned to face him.

"A couple of days ago." Ella hummed in response, unsure of how to respond but instead she sat a few seats over from him with her tree, continuing to cut it. After that the teenagers didn't exchange any more words as they continued to cut their trees, just enjoying each other's company. Ella smiled to herself, happy that she may have just made a new friend.

Ella smiled as she finished with her tree, slowly rotating it around to make sure she didn't miss anything, or to make sure she hadn't cut too much of anything; once she was sure everything was perfect she placed the Bonsai tree back where she had found it. She smiled, happy she had finally managed to finish the miniature project.

It was soon time to go home, before Ella left she noticed Robby seemed nervous and a bit upset, she walked over to him and tapped his shoulder. He jumped slightly and turned around, relaxing when he saw it was just her, he sighed slightly, apologizing.

"Don't be sorry. Are you okay? You seem a bit upset," Ella asked, hoping that nothing was happening.

"Oh, no. I'm fine. Just tired," Robby lied, but Ella didn't pick up on the fact he was lying. The blonde just nodded and agreed, also saying that she was tired.

"Okay, see you tomorrow, Robby!" The blonde quickly ran back to where her parents were waiting, smiling as she got into the backseat and they started the car. Ella fell asleep quickly as the car pulled out of the parking spot.

When she arrived home she was gently shaken awake by Daniel, her eyes fluttering open and she climbed out of the car before she grabbed her stuff and went inside so that she could take a shower and just go to bed.

She walked past Sam's room and gave her a sleepy wave before saying goodnight, Sam returned the gesture as Ella walked into her room and collapsed on her bed. Falling asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. 

A/N:

This is such a short chapter lmao.

But I am SUPER excited to write Ella and Robby's friendship 😍 it's gonna be such  fun thing to write

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter :)

Word count: 768