chapter thirtythree

Eliana's POV:

I didn't let his actions blind me, I knew he still didn't believe me. He only did all this because he knew from Jules what my father was doing to me and wanted to "save" me, so to speak. However, as I told him before, he made it all worse and I know that my father will move on to even harsher measures.
No matter what I will say or what will happen, he will continue to not believe me because of the videos.
"Eliana-"
The way he said my name with full disappointment and sadness, it completely hurt my heart, however I couldn't let that weaken me.
I will never forgive him again.
"I told you, it's over between us!" I hissed hatefully until I turned around and made my way to the exit of the park with ugly memories.
This time he let me go, it hurt on one hand, but on the other I was relieved.

Before entering the house, I exhaled loudly and put my shaky hand on the handle until I opened the door.
"Eliana." I heard my father call, swallowing hard when I saw him in front of me after a few seconds and hid my hands behind my back.
My gaze was fixed on the floor and my body was trembling with fear.
"What did you tell him?"
"That you're right and it's over." I stuttered a bit and looked at him confused when he started clapping.
"That dog won't be coming around here anymore! Who is he to just take my daughter? In front of me?" my father grumbled around and while waving his hands typically, he sat down on the sofa in the living room.
Now my sister and mother were also standing in the same room and with a fake smile I hugged them both.
"He'll stop, I have a plan."

I already knew that my father can have very bad ideas, but what he told me a day later was more than just evil.
I sat shocked in the room, ran through my hair and fought with the tears, because my head was full of thoughts.
That my father is not a real father is not new, I knew it since I was little, but I never thought that he could do something like that to me.
That his love is so weak to do this to his daughter.
He bathed me as a baby, held me and fed me.
What did I do to him?
"Darling, they'll be here in a few hours. Go change and help your sister in the kitchen." my mother burst into the room and closed the door again with a sad look.
She can't do anything about it, I know it and it's understandable.
The words of my father came back in my mind and as much as it hurts, I got up from the bed.
Because in a few hours the family of a man I will soon have to call husband is coming.
With whom I will live in a different country after the marriage, as my father wants.