chapter ten

Gavi's POV:

"That? I'm not a that."
I turned around annoyed and recognized an angry man looking at Eliana.
Is that... her boyfriend?
"Why are you here?!" she asked a counter question, completely forgetting my existence.
Before she could go to him, he already made his way towards us and pushed me away with full anger.
What kind of idiot is he?
"What are you doing? Mateo go away!"
"Who are you to take my girlfriend away huh?" the shithead ignored Eliana and came closer to me again.
As anger quickly took over me I only listened to my head voice and hit him on the face with all my might, that's why he fell right on the ground.
Eliana tried to pull me away from her Mateo, but I couldn't stop hitting him and got a few fists too.
I was lying on the ground myself when he hit my stomach, but I kicked him away and continued to hit his face.
We stopped when Eliana pushed me away and she helped her boyfriend to get up.
I could only laugh.
She's in love with such a ridiculous dick that talks big but then gets beaten up?

"Get out of here now!" she yelled at him after all and it was hard for me to hide my smile, because this gloating was too much.
After they had another discussion we were alone again and I also got scoldings from Eliana.
"Do you know how dangerous that could be?"
"Say that to your boyfriend! Why didn't you ever tell me about you guys?" I got angry too and wiped the blood from my nose as I got closer to her.
"Why would I? We're not even friends!" she countered back and she's actually right, yet I was jealous.
"Forget about everything that happened!
Give me an answer now, yes or no?"
I needed Eliana so much, I couldn't wait any longer.
She looked me silently in the eyes, turned around and wanted to leave... She wanted to leave!?
I held her hand tightly, as many times as it was, and pulled her to me so that our faces were very close.
"Okay, yes! Here you go."
Eyes wide, I took a few steps back, unable to say anything for joy, and instead lifted her up, meanwhile spinning in circles.
"Stop it, you're making me sick!"
"Forget about that Mateo, we're going to eat now! The public must see that we're together." I decided in the end, continuing to hold her hand and pulling her with me.

She didn't say anything, which also relieved me, because I don't feel like fighting anymore after the brawl.
I also completely forgot that my lip was still bleeding.
We went to my favorite restaurant, spent a few hours there and were finally in an ice cream store, where we sat down outside.
I felt so happy because the scandals will disappear once and for all and Xavi won't be mad at me anymore.
Eliana was quiet for the rest of the day and only responded when I provoked her.
I felt sorry for that too, but I have to protect my career.
And she was my only solution.
"What do you do for a living? Or are you studying?"
I asked to lighten the mood and get to know her better.
"I work." she admitted quietly. "Studying was my dream, but my family wouldn't let me."
Somewhat confused, I straightened up and looked her in the eyes.
Her family didn't allow her to pursue her dream?
"What did you want to study?"
"Graphic design. I love to draw."
I wouldn't have thought that of her, but it's kind of cute too.
"Can you draw me?" I joked, smiling broadly as she started laughing.
"What's your favorite color?"
"Dark red."
"Food?"
"Do you know Japchae?"
"No, what is it?"
I smiled continuously as she explained what it was and told me more things about her.
We're going to get along better.
I know we will.