chapter one

Gavi's POV:

Vibrating from my phone, I woke up with a severe headache and hear my mother bursting into the room.
"Pablo! Don't you have to go to practice at 8?! Pedro's already waiting for you!" she yelled at me, upset, and threw socks on my face to get me up.
Shit. Attending a party one day before going to the training wasn't a good idea.
"I'm coming..."
I got ready and said goodbye to my mom with a kiss on the forehead after she placed a sandwich toast on my hand.
"You're going to get us both in trouble!" greeted me Pedro with this beautiful gesture and immediately drove off as I closed the car door.
After about ten minutes we finally arrived and ran with our bags into the training area, where the employees were already looking at us strangely.
It's understandable, we arrived very late.
"Good morning guys." the nutritionist, Carlos, smiled at us and after Pedro and I sat down, we got right down into business.
He clarified a few things for us, gave us information and tips for better nutrition as footballers and then said goodbye after almost two hours.
Since our training started at 10 am, we all got changed and in no time we were already on the field where our coach was already waiting for us.
"Hi guys, I hope you are already top fit. Our next game is against Atlético Madrid and we all know what they are like, so we have to prepare for it the best we can. Warm up first though."

We formed a circle and while we warmed up, we laughed, talked and played together.
"How was the party yesterday, Pablito?" Pedro asked me with a smile, attracting the attention of the other boys.
"It was good." I answered quickly, ignoring the other things that happened.
"Did you have fun with some girls?" laughed Raphinha and I gave him a slap on the head.
"He'd better not, because things aren't looking good right now." Sergio looked at me "After all, he has a lot of scandals."
Right. I almost forgot.
There was a short silence in the group.
"Let's not concern ourselves with that now,         rather with the game. Let Gavi sort it out himself." Alba snapped me out of my thoughts and smiled at me as I quietly thanked him.
We forgot about the conversation with the party and fully concentrated on the training, after we warmed up.
There are two training sessions on the schedule today.
After the warm-up, we trained our counterattacking game and standards today. Everyone went to their limit, including me of course. 100% is required if I want to play at the weekend.
As always, it was fun with the guys, but I couldn't exactly enjoy the time because what Sergio said stayed in my head.
"Pablito, are you okay? Try to concentrate." Pedro put his hand on my shoulder with an encouraging look and I just nodded.
Towards the end, there was a final game, which my team won 2-1. I scored the decisive goal.
"Enjoy your meal, boys. See you later."

After the lunch break we went to the afternoon training and trained the build-up play, crosses and goal finishes.
"Pablo, the coach wants to talk to you." a staff member came to me on the field and briefly looked over my shoulder.
"It's serious. Hurry up." he whispered.
Somewhat confused and anxious, I left the field and my colleagues and made my way to his office, where he was already sitting there waiting for me with a serious expression.
"Is everything alright?" I asked, swallowing hard as he exhaled loudly.
"Pablo Gavi, we need to talk. It can't go on like this." He shook his head. "Look what it says."

I stared wide-eyed at his screen with the new 'scandal' and couldn't move a bit in fear

Is he going to kick me off the team now?
Not let me play anymore?
"News like this doesn't stop, and believe me, I've tried to be quiet. But this time I've had enough.
You're in big trouble, my boy. You can't waste such a great talent, Pablo."
Xavi stroked his face in disappointment and got up from the office chair.
"No matter how, you have to make it up, otherwise you'll suffer consequences with every scandal!"
"But Xavi-"
"I don't want to hear any more!" he shouted, banging loudly on his desk.
"Go back to your colleagues."
With fists clenched, I nodded in response and left his office in a rage.
How am I supposed to do this?