chapter eighteen

Eliana's POV:

I had nothing else to do, so I decided to go with him and to be honest I missed Paulo a bit.
Paulo is the friend of the cousin of Matteo, I don't know when that was exactly, but once there was a barbecue and that's why we all got to know each other.
On the way to the bar I told Emiliano what is currently going on in my life and could also listen to funny stories from him, until we then arrived.
With a smile I hugged Paulo when he got up from his seat and he returned it laughing.
"You've gotten prettier, Eli." he complimented me and sat down next to me.
"Thank you, superstar. How's it going?"
"As usual." He shrugged his shoulders.
"You look like a couple." Emiliano laughed in the middle of it, giving Paulo the middle finger as he got a little bit ice cream on his face.
"Fra, she has a boyfriend! The one himself is a superstar."

Oh right, I forgot about Pablo.
"I didn't know you had such a soft spot for soccer players, Eli." Paulo provoked more and more and poked my arm with wiggling eyebrows, which made me just shake my head.
"If things don't work out with Pablo anymore, my hopes go up for you guys. Team Pauliana!"
This time it was the alcohol that hit Emiliano's face.
Laughing, I pulled back and watched the discussion with the two guys, meanwhile finishing my cocktail.
I forgot how comfortable I was with them.
After a long time our conversation became more intense, so we started talking about Pablo again and I told them everything.
That the relationship is fake, I am in love with him, unfortunately he is not and at the end I saw him with his ex in the café.
Of course Emiliano insulted him from A to Z and I listened to some advice from the guys until my phone started ringing.
It was my sister, she said I should pick up some cough syrup from the pharmacy and since it's a bit far from the bar, Paulo insisted on going with me.
"I would've told you to forget about him, but you can't forbid a person who is in love." Paulo laughed lightly and continued looking at the ground,
I on the other hand exhaled loudly.
Before I was about to respond, I heard someone call my name and I looked around in confusion, however, I didn't find anyone.
"Did you just hear that?"
"No? Are you trying to change the subject?"
"No I swear. I thought someone was calling me."

Paulo just looked at me as if I had said something stupid and just shook his head.
"Believe me, I regret saying yes to his offer." I continued to talk.
When we got to the pharmacy and I bought what I needed, we quickly made our way back, not talking at all.
Paulo's behavior was very weird, especially whenever we talked about Pablo.
"Eliana?"
His voice snapped me out of my thoughts and with a humming voice I looked at him, he however showed shocked straight ahead.
Now I know why.
Emiliano and Pablo are standing outside together, yelling at each other.
It looks like one is about to punch the other in the face.