chapter twentyseven

Eliana's POV:

"Eliana, what happened?"
I don't know how, but my sister managed to go into the room and took me in her arms when she noticed that I was crying.
She gently stroked my hair, which calmed me down a bit, yet I was breathing heavily and still crying.
"Is it because of Pablo?" she asked me slowly, kissing my head after I nodded in response.
"Listen to me..."
She broke away from the embrace, but put her hands on my cheeks and wiped away my wet tears with her thumb.
"You know how much I love you and please stay strong. But... Dad wants to see you. He's in the living room."
From her voice, I could already tell this didn't going to be well.
The last time he had a serious conversation with me, he ended up choking me alone in the room until my aunt came in and she stopped him.
If he heard about all of this, I'm sure it will end up something similar again.
With very great fear, I went to where he was and saw him standing steadfast, his back to my direction.
"P..Papa? You wanted to see me?" I made myself notice in my shaky voice, holding the hem of my sweater as he turned to face me.
"You know, there are things I need to talk to you about. That a daughter needs to know..."
He took a few steps forward, staring at me completely serious.
I know that this time there is no aunt to save me.
Or anyone else.

"A girl who secretly parties in clubs with men in other cities is not my daughter. That's no way for a girl with my last name to behave."
"Dad, please listen to me..."
He raised his right hand with full fury and hit my cheek in the next second, because of which I fell on the floor due to the strong blow.
Only now I noticed that my mother and sister were behind me, I heard that they were crying and they also went to help me.
"The way they show you in the media, you have no right to talk!" my father yelled at me.
I stood up and nodded slightly.
"You have to believe me, it's all lies! No one is telling the truth..."
"What did I just say?!"
My father put his hand around my neck, squeezing it tightly and moving forward more and more until I felt the wall from behind.
My mother and sister tried to loosen their grip, however my father pushed them away and continued.
I could no longer breathe, had already lost hope that anything would change.
These are the consequences I had to bear, but I didn't deserve them.
That my own father strangles and beats me.

Before I saw black, he finally let go of me and coughing I tried to get up from the floor, meanwhile my sister and mother came to me crying.
"The only thing you do is cause problems. Why are you with a soccer player if you can't even behave in public?"
He's absolutely right.
I can't be with someone like that.
I can't be with someone like Pablo.