chapter twentysix

Eliana's POV:

I didn't know that one evening would destroy my life.
The relationship with Pablo, the trust of his sister and Pedri, the Internet.
No one believed me. They thought I was lying when I posted the truth.
On Instagram, on Tiktok, on Twitter, I posted it everywhere.
But they didn't believe me.
In fact, I woke up to countless messages and had to deal with the shock.
It didn't take me long to find out who was behind all the rumors, it was my ex.
Mateo. I never thought he would do this.
With the girls comforting me and being by my side, we went back to Barcelona in the morning and I locked myself in my room.
Pablo won't believe me, of course not, I didn't answer him that night and when he sees the pictures with me being in Madrid with another guy, he will think something else.
I should've told him about it.
My body was shaking non-stop, I read through the comments under my posts and in my DM's until I deleted them all.
Not the messages, but all my pictures.
They were all right, I didn't deserve him.

I decided to deactivate my Instagram account and before I clicked on it, Pablo's name appeared on the screen, which made me wince.
He's calling me...he already knows. He's seen it.
With quivering lips, I waited for any sound as I took his call, feeling the hot tears on my cheeks.
"Are you serious?"
This was exactly the kind of reaction I was expecting.
"What did I do to you? I'm in another country, worrying that you didn't text me back only for me to see that you were in Madrid partying with guys at the time?!" He raised his voice and I only focused on not sighing out loud.
Telling the truth would be pointless, he wouldn't believe me.
"I'm sorry," I just whispered, moving my ear away from the phone a little as he exhaled loudly.
"It was so good with us after all... what happened to you? Huh? What did I do? Tell me please!"
His anger turned to despair.
Pablo thought he had done something, so I couldn't stay quiet.
"I know you won't believe me, but-"
"Stop it."
This time I sighed shakily and started crying out loud while Pablo was quiet.
"Please listen to me."
"You know I have an important game today. Did you do it on purpose? Look at the media! I started a relationship with you in the beginning to make these problems go away, but because of you they come back!"
He really loves me, doesn't he?
Then why won't he listen to me?
Why does he listen to other people, why does he believe them but not me?
"Stop making excuses."
After this sentence, I only heard the beep sound and threw my phone on my bed while crying.

Why did I do that?
It was my fault, they're all right.
Not Mateo, but me.
I shouldn't have gone to Madrid.
I should've told Pablo everything instead of ignoring him.
I should've said no when Teo asked me if he could drive me home.
It was my fault.
My fault.

[A/N]
sorry guys but the next chapters will be a downfall for Eli 🤓