Chapter 24

Aleem POV

All of us were outside distracted, totally keeping and eye out and focused. Sammy was getting a massage from Tiff. Yasmina was sitting down relaxing. Kenji was eating, Darius was with Mitch and Brooklyn was sitting crossed arm, not feeling safe. I was sitting next to Brooklyn laying my head down on the table. But my left hand was sore after I splintered it back when we activated the beacon. I hear footsteps and see Hap going to one of the yurts, Brooklyn sees this too. She gets up and follows him, I sigh and get up to follow her. I see her hidding behind a blue barrel. I go and hide next to her, which spooks her. Before I can say anything we both feel a hand on our shoulder which frightens us. "What are you two doing? Is it spying?"

We turn around and see it's Kenji, Brooklyn answers "No! Its not spying... Okay, its spying. What are you two doing?" "Dude, I just had to get away from Tiff and Mitch. I don't get how anyone could stand them!" Kenji answered. "I just wanted to see what you were up to" I said. Kenji kept on ranting about not liking Tiff and Mitch. But he stopped talking when we saw Hap struggling with a camera and it's lens. "Not at all weird that a guide for photographers isn't food with cameras" whispered Brooklyn. Hap then entered the yurt, "We gotta get into that yurt" whispered Brooklyn. All three of us get up and walk towards the yurt. We looked at each other, none of us want to be the one to in first. I sigh and try to open the curtain when a alarm starts going off.

The three of us cover our ears at the loud alarm. Then we hear "Step away from the yurt!" It was Hap. Then Tiff and Mitch came with Darius. "What's going on?" asked Tiff. "Isn't it obvious? The chatty one, the hair and the quiet one were trying to sneak into the yurt. These kids can't go snooping into private spaces." said Hap as he turned off the alarm. Brookyn frowned at him as Tiff says "Hap I'm sure it was all a misunderstanding." The Hap says "A 'misunderstanding? Do yourself a favor and stay out of my yurt" to Brooklyn. Tiff takes him away to talk to him. "Sorry about that. It's our first time working with Hap, and he's very protective of his yurt. Set it up himself, moved all the equipment in. Hasn't even allowed us in" said Mitch.

"Ha! See? See?" Brooklyn said, Hap is being suspicous. Mitch starts talking to Darius about a trek. What trek? "Brooklyn won't touch the yurt, and we'll all go to the place I wanted to show you" said Darius. What place? I wonder. "Darius I think we should freshen up before we decide that" said Brooklyn souding strained. "We already freshened up." Darius said. "Can never be too fresh" said Brooklyn. Let me guess code bathroom so we can talk. Of to the bathroom we go. "Hap is hiding something! Why put an alarm on a yurt?" Brooklyn asked. Yasmina answered "So dinosaurs or a you can't sneak in and wreck stuff?" Kenji speaks up "I was there too so was Aleem, and that alarm was definitely crepuscing me out."

Darius scoffs and says "Typical." Brooklyn then asks "What's that supposed to mean?" Darius answers in a angry tone, "You can't just let go of this conspiracy stuff, huh? And for what? A new video to boost your followers?" Oh boy and arguement is about to break out. Brooklyn talks back angry too, "Who said anything about followers? You think I'm doing this to get attention?" Darius speaks back, "Yes! That's your whole deal. Your're mad Mitch and Tiff haven't heard of you, and now you're doing this." Brooklyn speaks back again, "And what's your whole deal, Darius? Dinosaurs? You care more about them than actual people." "That's hilarious! You calling me selfish." "You're obssesed. Just because Mitch is acting all 'cool dad' with you doesn't..." Brooklyn stopped talking. Oh see will regret saying that. Darius gets saddened by what she said.

We are all suprised see even said that. "Oh... No D-Darius, I-I didn't--" before she could finish Darius had left. Yasmina left whole saying "Not cool all-star." Then everyone else left except me. I heard her breath deeply. I sigh and say, "You sould apologys to him." She sighs ans leaves and I follow her out. I see the other except Kenji and Brooklyn go to wherever Darius want to show them. I decide to stay, my thoughts won't let me enjoy the trek. I walk and sit next to Kenji who is sitting next to Brooklyn. "Aren't you'll going to go with them?" She asked. "No I'm staying here" said Kenji. "I'm also staying here" I said. "I know you didn't mean the 'dad' thing. It... was a slip. Happens to everyone, even me. Especially me. Darius knows you didn't mean it that way, too. Just give him time." Kenji said to Brooklyn.

Then Broolyn gets up and grabs our arms. "Come on. Even if Hap resets the alarm, I can disarm it" said Brooklyn. Og boy here we go again. "Wait, what? Okay.." said Kenji confused and looked at me, I shrug. We both start following her. "How did 'give him time' turn into 'break back i to the yurt'?" Kenji asked. "Because once I prove I'm right, Darius will have to forgive me" answered Kenji. I decide to speak up "Brooklyn this is a bad idea we shouldn't so that again, we'll get into deep trouble." She doesn't listen and runs off. "I can't believe I'm one of the voices of reaskn here" said Kenji. "Me neither" I said. Once we get their Brooklyn goes and tries to open the curtain. But suprise, suprise Hap was there and we all gasp in shock. "Mitch and Tiff asked me to go with them, but I said 'Nah, I'll make sure those three don't get into any trouble. Let's not make this any more unpleasant than it needss to be" Hap said. Aa he grabbed Kenji's and my shoulder with a tight grip. I wince a little, and Brooklyn doesn't even try to run away.

Broolyn and Hap are having a staring competition. Kenji is sleeping and snoring on her shoulder while his legs are on my lap. This is very annoying. Brooklyn starts yawning and falls asleep. I yawns too and close my eyes to reat them, but I'm actually not asleep. Then I hear a radio and it sounds like Tiff, "Come in, Hap. Hap, come in." I hear footsteps get quieter. I open my eyes and see that Brooklyn is actually awake. She pushes Kenji of his shouldee which wakes him up. "Come on, now is our chance" said Brooklyn drags the both of us. As we walk we heard Hap start talking so we hide "No, listen, I'm done. No, I don't care what--. This isn't a threat, this is a promise. Stay out of my way! I'll take care of these kids myself!" Hap screamed into a walkie-talkie.

The three of us run run away from the camp. We are running from Hap who has a eletric rod. We jump over a fallen tree as he is still on our tails. He is getting closer by the second, then he grabs Brooklyn. Brooklyn tries to fight back but he throws here towards Kenji who trips and fall, and he falls on my legs which make me trip and fall, like dominos. We all get up and gasp at how close he is to us. "I told you to stay put! You have no idea who you're dealing--" Hap gets knockout by a stick. We all gasp at the sight in front of us, it...... it can't be. Tears well up into my eyes and fall slowly down my cheeks.

It was Y/n, Ben and Bumpy, but they looked so different.

"Y/n.....Ben" I said.

"What? You're never seen a ghost before?" Y/n and Ben said in unison.