Chapter 14

POV Y/N

"What was that?" Sammy asked after the sound of an explosion was heard. "I think it was an explosion" said Aleem, disturbed by the sudden disturbens. Kenji looked outside from the windows and replied, "I don't see anything." Darius assured us that it wan't near us and that we okay, and I hope that doesn't get in the way. Everyone still had a worried face, I frowned, I though we could have some good time but doesn't seem like it.

Sammy desided to break the silence, "I know camp wasn't what we thought it was gonna be. But after everything we have gone through at least we will be leaving this place with seven new friends! To the eight of us being best friends for life! Clink!" She raised her juice box, she was trying to make things better and lighten the mood. I looked at my juice box, I don't think I'm friends with everyone here, so I didn't raise it. I looked at my brother but he was staring at the box with a frown present on his face, guess it's thesame for him.

I looked around and saw everyone either avoiding like they didn't hear or looking around to stare somewhere. "100% Apple juice, wow" Darius faltered trying to change the conversation. "Guys? Hello? Wait, do you huys not see us as friends?" Sammy questioned. "I mean.... doesn't it usually take more than a couple of days to become friends with someone?" Brooklyn asked. "All of us were thrown at random here. We have nothing in common" announced Yasmina. I look everyone again and their jusst staring saddened. I hear Aleem crush the juic box and drop it, his face showing anger and sadness.

My gaze dropped to the floor, I guess love also take more then a couple of days to blossom and be true. Sammy starts speaking, " That's not true, we have been through more together than most friends have in a whole lifetime." "And now that it's over, what are the odds that we willever see each other again?" Ben doubted. I look at him, he looking down at Bumpy. A tear slips but I whip it before anyone notices.

Quick Ben Thinking

What are the odds that Y/N and me will see each other much less be able to be together.

POV Y/N

The mood really has gotten gloomy after what he said. My head is down in sadness aswell as Aleem's. Then the automated voice apeaks, "Coming upon the right, you will see our world-renowned 18-hole, dinosaur-themed golf course. It's one of the many wonders that make this plave so very Jurassic." Brooklyn chuckles, "What does that even mean?" Darius responds to that, "I tought I knew. My whole life, I had this idea of Jurassic World. My dad used to say this place was, 'All-osaurus and a bag of chips'. He was so corny." I lifted my head up after he said that, "Was?" said Aleem.

"So your dad is....." Ben didn't finish the sentence and stayed silent. "I'm sorry Darius, Ugh! 'Sorry'. Nice one Sammy, ya ding-dong! Like sorry could begin to-" Sammy said to herself and got cut off. "It's okay" said Darius to stop her. "Hey at least your dad never saw what a dumpster fire this place turned out to be, huh? Ow! What?" Asked Kenji after Yasmina slap him. "I meant it's cool that Darius and his dad were so close. I can count on one hand the number of times me and my dad have done...... anything."

"Kenji, that's is really sad" said Aleem. "Yeah, did I mention I have a bowling alley?" questioned Kenji, Aleem chuckled cause he already has. "Dang it! Come on it's gotta be here somewhere. Bumpy stepped in something icky and I'm low on sanitizer. It's fine. I can make more." said Ben. Kenji looked at him, and stated, "Ben why are you even here?" What a nice way of asking. Darius then saves it by saying, "What he means is- Eh well you are scared of dinosaurs, and the outdoors, and sometimes the indoors, and germs, and whiped cream for some reason?" Ben shudders at that, cYeah that's what I'm talking about, what's the deal?"

Bumpy makes a cute noise as Ben has her. "My mom works for Mr. Masrani, she got me into camp. Said it would be a great way for me to 'face my fears', it has been a nightmare! I'm sick of being scared all the time. And ofrunning and of almosg getting eaten, and......... and holding everyone back. I just can't do.... this" poured Ben out. "Ben", I said softly, not knowing what else to say. I don't know if to hug him or let him pour out his feelings. Bumpy get closer to him, "But it's not all bad. If I hadn't come, I-- I would have not met--" he wan't look at Bumpy but at me.