Chapter 20

Aleem POV

Come on what should we do? Yasmina is hurt and we need to carry this stuff back to what used to be a camp in a tree. Then I got an idea. "Kenji you will care Yasmina on your back while I care the other stuff to help us back at that camp, and don't talk back to me, you will carry her because you have barely done ANYTHING at all, ok? Ok" I spoke firmly to him. As we walk back, I could hear Kenji panting from carrying Yasmina. I was also tired but didn't make such a ruckus while carrying all of this.

"If you ever tell anyone else about this--" Yasmina got cut off as Kenji almost tripped. "Ok, the 'Kenji does work' portion of the day is now over" he insisted. Then Yasmina sassed back, "Wow! you got ten whole minutes in, Bravo impressive." Kenji then grumbled, "Yep, we're done now. Get off my back literally and figuratively. You can crawl the rest of the way." "Are you kidding? We're nowhere near camp" Yasmina argued. I decided to intervene, "She's right and you can't just do that."

"Well maybe someone should have thought of that before she hopped off into the jungle." As Kenji said that he tried to shake her off. "If someone would've pulled his weight and not watch others work, she wouldn't have had to." Yasmina talked back. "And now I'm pulling your weight." Kenji interjected. "Well you hadn't pulled any weight and now you are because everyone pulls weight whether you like it or not!" I barked.

"When are you gonna get it? You can't do anything here, Yaz" Kenji said. Yasmina stopped wiggling at those word and got off of Kenji. She tried to walk but started to limp. As she limped I stared a Kenji with a frown and then started to walk towards her to see if I could help her. "Ok, Yaz, Aleem, I'm sorry. Come on Yaz would you stop?" Kenji said. I stopped but Yasmina kept trying to go somewhere. "I said I'm sorry" Kenji pleaded. She then fell and Kenji tried to help her but she pushed him away.

"Yaz?" Kenji called out for her. Yasmina sat down and looked away from us as she wiped away tears. "I'm the track star, the runner. The person my coaches, my team, everybody relies on. But now... But now I'm not and if I'm not strong anymore... what good am I?" I looked at her sadly, that really is concerning about someone self-esteem. "What good are any of us on our own? I mean, I don't know one scary dinosaur from the next, but I am--" as Kenji explained he got cut off by Yasmina.

"Lazy? Entitled? Basically hopeless?" Kenji responded with, "I was going to say the charming glue that keeps us campers together". Both Yasmina and me, laugh at that statement. "I'm also someone who know when the best thing to do isn't pushing yourself so hard, you collapse. Let someone else do the work for a change, Yaz" Kenji said, wow that was somewhat wise. "Like who?" questioned Yasmina. Kenji sighs knowing what that means, and I smile a little at that.

~Time Skip~

After a exhausting walk we managed to get to the camp. Kenji carrying Yasmina and me carrying the stuff we gathered which was somewhat heavy, might I add. Kenji sat her down by a tree and they both sigh with content. "Don't get used to this" said Kenji. He got up from sitting by the tree and headed my way. I didn't bother with that and kept sorting. But then I felt a hand on my shoulder, so I looked to see Kenji. He sighed and spoke, "Go rest, you also been pushing yourself hard and I don't want you to collapse too, ok?"

I looked at him surprised and shock my head 'No'. Then went to try and continue but he stopped me. "Al you done enough for us to today so rest, and mind you don't get used to this". I sigh at the statment and nodded. As I walked toward the tree to accompany Yasmina, I thought of Kenji and how he has changed since when I first met him. I sat down by Yasmina but we both didn't say anything. I close my eyes and after a while I dozed off.

~Time Skip~

I was abruptly woken up by the ground shaking under me, then I hear which sound like Darius say, "Up the trees, quick!" I looked and saw a stampede, I gasped and got up fast. Then both Kenji and me help Yasmina up the tree. We all managed to climb the tree and the dinosaurs passed underneath us. "No, no, no" said Kenji as his precious work got destroyed. I grabbed his shoulder and smiled towards him to calm him down. He smiled back feeling better but I wasn't paying much attention to the others.

Then I felt a nudge and it was Darius. I snapped out of it, "Could you draw us a design for a tree house we can build" said Darius as he handed me a paper and pencil. I nodded and started to draw this new tree house. When I was done everyone marbled and loved my drawing. Then they gave suggestion and I added the ones that worked. We all went to work on the tree house grabbing, collecting and sorting.

Then I saw Sammy give Darius his necklace, which he lost but now had it again which is great. But I could stop thinking about today, my sister and Ben, Bumpy, the other campers, my parents, and the dinosaurs, I just hope that everything will turnout fine.