TA

<<{🌙}>>

<<{🌙}>>

Leah POV

Wiping my sweaty forehead, I toss the wrench back into the tool box before going over to Uncle Mark.

"And that's the last car" I tell him, wiping my dirty hands on a rag I found on the floor.

"Good job kid, you did very good. I miss you working here" he says, patting my head. The person who owned the last car walks over, handing the cash over to uncle Mark before he smiles at me.

"That was fast too. Your boy here is really talented with cars" he says and I frown at him, removing my head tie.

"I'm a girl" I grumble, glaring at him and his eyes widen.

"Oh, I'm sorry I thought... you're just.." he trails off, covering his mouth. Pissed, I flash him a fake smile before walking off to go sit down somewhere. I was tired.

Though I felt good. I missed fixing cars.

Removing my dirty Jumpsuit, I hang them before reaching for my bag. I was tired and I wanted to go home. Uncle Mark gives me one more head pat before handing me my pay for the day before I leave.

Once I reach home, I find mom sitting on the sofa with Leo sleeping on her lap. She had coffee in her hands and was covered with a blanket. Nose red and eyes puffy.

She was back quite early today.

"Are you ok mom? What are you doing home early?" I ask her. And she shrugs.

"Just a flu. Been feeling sick since morning but I shook it off. Didn't know it would get this bad" she says and I pout. Walking over with my arms ready to hug her. But she holds a hand up.

"Oh no you don't, you smell like a damn Christmas goat and you want to hug me? Hell nah, go take a bath" I stare at her in disbelief. But then again she was my mother so I was somewhat use to it.

She roasts people all the time. Sick or not. Whether it's you or her that's sick.

"You're so mean"

"You smell.."

"Mom!"

"..Like a sweaty man"

"MOM!!"

"I could go on and on if you don't go take a bath right now " she says pointing towards the bathroom.

I huff, walking upstairs towards my room to keep my bag before going to the bathroom to take a shower. When I come back down, I meet her watching a reality show which she looked really invested in.

I walk over to sit beside her when she tells me my food was in the fridge and all I had to do was warm it.

I walk over to the kitchen, bringing out the food from the fridge when my phone vibrates in my pocket. I pull it out to check, discovering it was our group chat. Me and my boys.