The moon is beautiful, isn't it?- 2

"Maine Meerab ko apne bete Murtasim k liye muntakhib kar Liya hai. Agle jummah inka nikaah hai In sha Allah. "

Ma begum voice boomed through the hallway and all the heads turned to Murtasim and Meerab. Only to find them looking down.

"Ma, you have asked her permission, right?"

"Murtasim, I want to keep my daughter close to me forever. So this marriage is happening. Do you have any problem?" Ma begum asked firmly as he bowed his head so that she could bless him.

Later at that night when she retired her room, she saw two baskets full of Chudiyaan and jhumkas. Chudiyaan of all colors were there and jhumkas of different design filled the basket. A note attached to it.

"Ummed hai aapko tohfa pasand aya hoga."

-murtasim.

Her heart hammered in her chest. Was her best friend back? Maybe he never left. She ran towards his room. As he entered quietly she could hear him saying,

"I don't even like her. It's just Ma begum forced me otherwise I would have thrown her out long ago. She is just a gold digger."

She stumbled. How wrong she was. Only she knew what he meant for her. And here he was calling her a gold digger. Her rational mind went off at that moment.

As she came back, she met Haya. "Why are you coming between us Meerab? Why don't you understand we love each other? Don't be a bitch."

All the energy drained from her body. She just collapsed beside the bed looking nowhere specific.

Was she too hard to love?

----‐-

Meerab! Murtasim really chanted this name like a prayer. He loved her from the moment he knew the concept of loving a girl. To make her your life partner.

She was his everything. She was his solace, his best friend, his peace. She always managed to calm him down just by her mere presence. No matter what the situation is, she could control him like no other. He loved her to that extent that even she asked him to die he would do it smiling.

He remembered the day when he realised his love. It was a rainy and stormy night. And Meerab feared thunder too much. So as he sat beside her that night while she clutched his hand in a death grip he felt a sense of protectiveness towards her. A strong urge to keep her safe from this world.

"Thank you Murtasim. With you, I feel protected. I feel like there is someone I can lean on. Thank you for being always there for me."

Her these talks imprinted in his young heart and he knows he lost his heart to then and there. How? This question has no answer.

He even confessed it to her. Always. Only he knew how he survived 4 years without her out of the country. He even stopped interacting with her. He wanted to be sure that his feelings were not just an infatuation. They were strong. They were that much strong to make her his officially wedded wife.

And he was proven right. He was in love with her. He was in love with his Meerab. That alone made him feel giddy.

And when he saw her after 4 years, he forgot to breath. His Meerab became more more beautiful. Her hairs became more longer, doe eyes hiding a pool of emotions, her sharp nose, her smile. He was bowled out.

She was so beautiful.

The next day on the breakfast table she announced to go for her law school. He just felt short of his breath. He came and she is going. Why doesn't God have mercy on him right now?