Meerab

"Meri bhi zindegi uss kabarstan ki tarah hai,

Jahan log toh bohot hai, par aapna koi nahi"

-Meerab

For Meerab, Murtasim was her hot and handsome best friend. Her playmate. The person who listened to her patiently when she was just blabbering nonsense. He was there when she wanted an extra chocolate. He gave her everything she wanted.

She remembered when she was eight and he was 12, one morning her mama made a braid of her hair and threatened her if it becomes messy she will not give her favourite pancakes. And as usual it got messy.

Tasim, Tasim? Andar ho?" An eight years old Meerab eyes searched for Murtasim with a comb and rubber band in her fist.

"Bolo. Kya hua hai, Tasim ki Meera ko?"

"Will you tie my hair? Mama said if it gets messy, she will not give me pancakes. Chocolate ones." She explained with her doe eyes and a pout.

"But I don't know how to tie hairs." Her eyes welled up. She is not going to have those fluffy pancakes anymore.  Mama will kill her.

"Accha rou toh nhi Meera. Mai try karta hu."

"Okay." She sniffled.

His drama queen.

That day when he braided her hairs, he gave her a hope that he will always be there when she will be in trouble.

That day she just slept in his arms being exhausted by running all around the mansion.

Maybe that day their fate was sealed with each other. From that day his everything was hers maybe.

Now sitting on his bed as his wife she remembered that day. His warm assuring embrace. His tight hold on her to never let her go.

She was always Tasim's Meera. She is and always will be.

He was not bad rather than he was the best for her. Only now she understands it was all a misunderstanding. Her Tasim could never do that.

He was her best friend. But the fact they were young and she was silly and naive enough to believe that Haya destroyed their friendship.

Meerab was happily coming to Murtasim's room to show her painting of them she made. She always had an interest in painting. She couldn't stop herself to make theirs. Just like she imagined them. Only to stop watching the show unrevealed in front of them.

Haya and Murtasim in an awkward position. On his bed. He on top of her. Her rational mind went to a vacation. She couldn't think anything straight. All she felt was betrayal. She felt her Tasim betrayed her and that was worst than nightmare.

She felt her legs shaking. She gathered up all her courage and went to her room. She just sat down the shower and cried till she felt no tears left in her eyes.

She hurriedly packed her bags and literally begged her parents to take her to Karachi.

And never came back before 3 months. When she came back Haya filled her mind with venom. Murtasim did everything to make her talk to him. But her little stupid irritating heart couldn't buy the fact he did that.