Revenge

Meerab was shaking. Shaking in fear. She just wanted to kill herself. For being weak, for being soft and falling in love with the man who hates her.

He was doing all these for revenge. His care, his love all were lies. He just pretended to love her. His care was just a show. She felt like a whore. Murtasim was right. She was nothing for him. No one.

Meerab reminisced all those beautiful moments they had together. Those moments were special for her. She may not say aloud but she always looked for him whenever she remembered because she had that feeling he would help him. He would be there for him.

Even today, she made dinner for him. His favourites. She knew he loved them. She went to his study to let him know. But all she heard, shattered her heart.

He was confessing to someone about his ŕevenge. He wanted to make her fall in love with him then he would leave her.

Why the life was like this with her? Didn't she deserve the love and care?

She sat in the dark of her room. Meerab regretted all of her life. The only thought she had was if her mother was alive, she would have never let her be like this. Maybe then, everyone would have love her. Maybe her father wouldn't have left her to waqas and Aneela. Maybe she had a brother to share her sorrow. Perhaps, Ma begum wouldn't have taunted her upbringing. She would have loved Meerab more than Haya and trusted her.

Maybe she had a strong bond with Maryam like Haya.

She laughed at Haya. She thought Meerab had Murtasim. Oh poor thing! How to tell her that Meerab was more Orphan then her? She had everything yet nothing. In that moment, Meerab regretted each and everything in her life.

After half and hour of crying, she just washed her face and acted like as if nothing happened. She had to be strong. For herself.

As she went to the dining table, she saw everyone was already seated. It was normal but that day it somehow hurt her a lot. Just Murtasim was left to come there.

"Meerab, where is Murtasim? Did you call him?" Ma begum asked her.

"No. I'll just..."

"No need Ma begum. I am here" As he came and sat beside her she felt her heart sank deeper.

"Today Meerab made all the food. Taste it." Ma begum laughed.

As Murtasim tasted and complimented her Meerab didn't feel anything like usual. She just looked at him for sometime then again start eating.

"Ma begum?"

"Yes, Meerab?"

"I think we should get Haya married." Meerab dropped the bomb.

"I don't want to get married."

"I didn't ask you. Last let you know. Keep your mouth shut. Ma begum, you had said that as I was the elder one among three of us and my marriage was fixed with Murtasim, it had to be done as soon as possible. So as far as I know her marriage is also fixed with her chacha's son Areeb. Am I right?" She asked.

"Yes. But.."

"Then it's decided. Haya is getting married next week. I have already talked to them. They are ready. We will do a small nikaah ceremony next week and after that week will be her Ruksati. Everything is already planned and I hope there's no problem here." Meerab calmly let them know.

"Who are you to decide? I will not marry. I love Murtasim. "

"Haya." Murtasim roared and Meerab smiled.

"Your Khanum. And before you start I don't have any physical relation with Murtasim, I will let you know that I don't have to have one to impose my Khanum rights. And Ma begum, I gave to say, kya khub tarbiyat hai aapki. Apke hi samne bole ja rahi hai aur apke muh mai toh jaise icecream jaam gayi ho. Anyways we can't cancel it as its fixed. So Ma begum, I will ask Bakhtu to start the preparations. " ma begum could only nod as it was the matter of respect now.