Eye of the Storm

This chapter took way longer than I thought to write it. So much rewriting and editing it makes your fingers ace. Somehow I finished and I'm excited for the next upcoming chapters. Hehehe

Anway-

BACK TO THE STORY

The canister that was supposed to be freezing E750 was broken. E750 was loose. Sammy gasped, putting a hand to her mouth stunned. Staring at the canister was probably the most heart-dropping thing I've experienced.

"We gotta warn the others," Brooklynn said terrified, trying to truly grasp the weight of this.

"T-Then we better hurry!" I shouted, trying to keep my composure before running out of the room. Brooklynn and Sammy were quick to follow after me. We made it up the staircase and out of the building, heading toward the gyrosphere when were stopped by the ground suddenly shaking.

We look ahead at some rapid thudding, only to be faced with a stampede of dinosaurs running our way. Panicked, and confused we start running away, taking cover behind a nearby large rock.

We pressed against the rock, ducking down at the dinosaurs that ran through us. Only, as they passed us, we watch our gyrosphere rolling down the hill whilst being knocked away by some other dinosaurs. I guessed one of them must have kicked it over because they now just took our only transportation with them.

Suddenly, we hear a loud bellow from above. As we look up, we see a brachiosaurus trying to make its way through the stampede. Only the brachiosaurus isn't able to make it past the trees as all life left its eyes and it fell over.

"Come on!" Brooklynn whispered for us to follow as she made her way from the rock. I start to follow her, but stop once I realize Sammy wasn't with us. I turned around, seeing her hurdle against the rock terrified.

"Sammy," I called out to her, trying to get her attention.

"Sammy, come on!" Brooklynn shouted, only seconds later a dinosaur tripped on the rock Sammy's hiding behind. We jump out of the way of its fall, and Sammy finally stands up and runs with us.

We run to a ditch, jumping down as we land in a trench. We make our way through, barely avoiding a dinosaur running behind us.

SOMEWHERE ELSE...

Kenji had just come back from the boat, having stopped there to check on the patch. He made it back to camp, catching a glimpse of Darius up top as he began to climb up the ladder and talk.

"I know we still got another 12 hours until the patch on the boat is shipshape but it seems totes dry to me," He pulled himself onto the ledge, seeing Darius staring at a photo in his hand.

"I really wanted to poke it to make sure, but I didn't." He walked over to the couch, sat down and he put his feet on the coffee table, "Restraint, yo." HE smiled, hoping for praise from Darius. Instead, he's met with complete silence. He looks over at Darius, seeing him lost in thought.

"Hey, man. What's wrong?" He asked concerned.

"Mmh?" Darius looked away from the photo, "Oh, nothing." He looked back at it. "I always meant to check out a Gallimimus for my... book" He changed the word, "But never got around to it."

"Go now." Kenji said, "Brooklynn, Sammy, and Mat are off investigating a mystery, Yaz is on a run, and Ben and (Y/N) are probably somewhere being weird together."

"Nah," Darius said, walking around as he put stuff in a tote, "I gotta get the supplies collected for the trip to Costa Rica."

"I'll do it for you," Kenji said as he stood up and walked toward Daruis.