A Beacon of Hope

Jurassic World is a place where families and friends may get together. Explore the incredible Island and encounter a plethora of fascinating dinosaurs. A gathering area for all...

That is unless you're running for your life while getting chased down by a dinosaur.

"Run, run, run!" Darius screamed as he pushed past some leaves. Brooklynn and Sammy hold up Yasmina as they run.

"Is the Parasaurolophus still there?" Brooklynn asked. I looked behind, seeing the Parasaurolophus behind us. Only seconds later, a T-rex comes out of nowhere, running into it.

"Aah! Not anymore!" I screamed. 

"Over there! Cover!" Darius pointed us toward a fallen tree.

We don't waste a second running toward, the T-rex and Parasaurolophus behind us. Darius leaps forward as he crawls under the log. Kenji stays behind, helping the girls over the log. I follow Darius's lead and slide under.

The T-rex bangs its tail against the log, and Kenji and Sammy are barely able to get over just in time. We all take cover as another loud bang hits the log, making dirt fly everywhere.

We flinch as we hear the sound of crunching, moments later followed by receding footsteps. I stand up, looking over the log. The T-rex is dragging the Parasaurolophus's dead body away, seemingly forgotten about us.

"They're gone," I said, falling down in relief. Everyone else does the same, taking a breather.

"Why are there so many dinosaurs around?" Kenji questioned frustrated. Brooklynn picked her head up. "It's either your boyish charm or all the fences on the island are down." 

"No offense, but it's definitely option two," Sammy chuckled.

"I don't even care. Right now, I just want a sandwich." Yasmina grabbed her ankle. "We haven't eaten since we had those awful carob bars that Ben..." Yasmina froze, realizing what she said.

Everyone goes silent. We'd been so focused on trying not to die, we forgot all about Ben... and my sister. A distant roar makes us gasp, groaning as we realize we had to keep moving. 

"We just need to eat and rest. I can't keep running like this." Sammy reached down, helping Yasmina help.

"We don't have to," Darius spoke. "There's bound to be a way to call for help on Main Street, and food and everything else. "We all gather behind him, realizing Main Street was up ahead.

 "Come on!" He excitedly called, running ahead. We all run behind him, feeling hopeful for the first time in a while.

Hope was the least we felt after arriving at Main Street. The place was destroyed. Trash was everywhere, furniture was strewn about, and buildings were ripped into shambles. 

"What happened here?" Kenji looked around.

"Uh, I'm thinking dinosaurs." Yasmina looked around.

"It's more than that." Darius scanned the area. "Some kind of fight took place. From the height, it looks like maybe the T. rex and... something bigger?"

"The Indominus rex." Brooklynn brushed her hair behind her ear. "I don't think we have to worry about it anymore, or what's left of it." She looked down into a broken part of the lagoon. The one made for the Mosasaurus.

"Ugh! Or the Mosasaurus being hungry for a while." Darius backed away from the ledge.

 "Guys!" Sammy startled the two, "You have to see this!" 

Standing in front of us was a cardboard cutout of Brooklynn holding a phone charger box. Everyone burst into laughter seeing it.

"Wow, I totally forgot I agreed to that," Brooklynn chuckled. Seeing the cutout reminded me just how famous Brooklynn was.