Misguided

I ain't got an excuse for not posting sooner, I just haven't been as motivated to write. This doesn't mean I'll abandon the story, I hate when authors do that so I'll still be here. I just hope my lack of posting won't drive you away from my story.

Well for now-

BACK TO THE STORY

Brooklynn and Kenji disappeared. Hap hadn't come back from looking for them, and it would be sundown soon. We decided we were going to look for them, but first, Mitch and Kadia decided to pack stuff for the trip.

"Did you pack the camo net like I asked you to, Kadia?" Mitch queried as they crossed paths.

"I already told you I did, Mitch," She said through clenched teeth.

"It's just sometimes you forget, like that time with the--"

"Night vision goggles." She shoved a duffle bag to his chest, "Last semester's retreat. Let it go," She rolled her eyes and walked off. The two continued to go back and forth, taking stuff out of their yurt.

"Uh, what's going on?" I asked, staring confusedly at the mountain of packed bags and boxes.

"Do we really need all this to go look for Brooklynn, Kenji, and Hap?" Darius asked. We turned to Kadia, who walked off annoyed as she left Mitch to answer.

"We just wanna be prepared for whatever we might encounter along the way." He placed a bag down. "After all, the boat will be here in three days. You wanna be rescued in one piece, don't you?" He asked, walking to the table.

"What?" Yasmina stood up, "You had said the boat would be here in two days."

"Two to three days. Right, Kadia?" He turned to her.

"Hundred percent. Mm-hmm." Kadia nodded her head, handing Mitch a bag. "Now grab that 'stuff' we need from Hap's yurt."

"Um, I thought Hap said no one's allowed in his yurt," Sammy said puzzled.

"All right. Why don't you guys have some chocolate?" Kadia handed Sammy a chocolate bar, getting her up from the chair.

"I got it from France at my last fencing competition. It was 3 years ago so it might be stale but you can eat it over there." She shooed her away, waving at us. The rest of us joined Sammy as Kadia walked away.

"I can't be the only one who thought that was weird," Yasmina whispered once Kadia and Mitch left into the yurt.

"What?" Darius said confused.

"How do you forget what day the boat is coming back?" Yasmina pointed out.

"And they're being kinda shady about all that stuff they're packing," Sammy added.

"You're both just as paranoid as Brooklynn," Darius shook his head.

"Yeah, Mitch and Kadia are good people," I said.

"How exactly are they 'good' people when we don't even know them," Yasmina said.

"I talked to Kadia, and she told me she gave up fencing to focus on charity work and college. How does that make her a bad guy?" I said.

We turned to see Kadia and Mitch leave Hap's yurt with some boxes and bags. Kadia placed her bag down on the table. She turned around, waving at us with a smile. Darius and I waved back at her, while Sammy and Yasmina only smiled.

I looked at Yasmina and Sammy, seeing their uncertain faces. Darius and I turn to each other, knowing exactly what we needed to do.

"Fine, We'll prove you both wrong," Darius said and I nod in agreement.