Camp Cretaceous [REWRITTEN]

Perched upon the plush, white cushioned seat in the luxurious cabin of the first-class ferry, I watched the boat slice through the water.

Despite a bunch of laughter and clinking glasses, as people in tuxes served clams in sliver trays, I couldn't help but let out a deep scowl.

All this cheer and luxury was like a cruel snicker to how I felt right now. Which was fucking mad.

I didn't think my father would actually send us away. So when I woke up a week after school ended to discover my bags were packed and a chauffeur was waiting outside for us, I was livid.

I cussed out any and everyone, even if they didn't have anything to do with this. It wasn't until I had exhausted my voice and arms that I gave up on being upset; because I really couldn't do anything. My father's iron grip, influence, money, and just being an adult, was more powerful than a 15 girl throwing a fit.

Even if it's valid.

Seated adjacent to me is Matt, with his nose buried in a magazine about lab rats and robots while munching on a bag of pretzels. Each audible crunch and crumble of the bag sends jolts ricocheting through my already frayed nerves, and eventually, I snap.

"Put those away!" I shouted, irritated, as I threw the back cushion pillow directly at him. The magazine slapped his face, and he moved the pillow aside to give me an annoyed expression.

"You could just ask nicely," He said as he begrudgingly complied and stuffed them in his backpack.

"You could just shut up," I grumbled and looked away.

"You know it's bad enough I'm wasting my summer because of you, so the least you can do is make it bearable." He said, zipping up his backpack.

"Because of me?" I scoffed. "I'm not the one who threw a party."

"Well, I'm not the one who assaulted a girl and became the laughingstock of the internet." He sneered.

"Just shut up."

"You shut up!"

I grabbed the back pillow from the empty seat behind me and threw it at him. This time he caught it with his hands and made a stupid face at me. I throw him the middle finger and look away, hiding a smirk behind my hand.

Across the room, I spotted two girls about my age huddled together. They were casting glances in my direction and murmured amongst themselves. They were checking out something on their phone, which caused them to giggle maliciously as they looked back up at me.

It didn't take long for me to realize they were looking at that stupid video. Even halfway across the ocean, I can't seem to escape it. On the way here, a group of boys asked me to sign my autograph on some store-bought vases.

I even saw a street vendor selling merch of the vase memes.

A part of my cold black heart stung at the thought of everything. I wish I was home, curled up in my bed and hiding from the world. But my father reminded me that 'home' would offer just as little respite as this ferry.

I hope I get eaten by a dinosaur so my father feels bad. I hate him, and I never want to return home.

.·:*¨༺🦖༻¨*:·.

"Welcome to Isla Nublar Campers!" A man holding a clipboard, wearing a red shirt and yellow headband, enthusiastically welcomes us.

"You are the chosen few, the first kids in the entire world to ever experience the awesomeness that is Camp Cretaceous." He paces forward. "I know the trip from the mainland was rough on some. Hello Ben."