Last Day of Camp

The alarm continued to blare as we all ran down, gathering together. I make it there before everyone, Mat just behind me.

"Attention. All park-goers must report to the South Ferry Dock for immediate evacuation. Last ferry departs in two hours." A male voice from the speaker announced.

"That's it, no explanations? That's all we get?" Brooklynn panted. Darius and Kenji come running down the stand, Darius jumping over the railing.

"We have to move." Darius said, "The only way we're gonna make it is if we run."

"Um..." Sammy looked behind at a limping Yasmina. "Are we sure that's the best way to get there?"

"I'm fine," Yasmina reassured. "I've competed with a torn ACL. You should be more worried about Ben and Bumpy." Ben and Bumpy are the last to arrive, Ben panting for air tired.

"What we should all be worried about is catching a boat out of here." Ben said in between breaths, "And, naturally, we have a problem." Ben reached into his fanny pack, pulling out a rolled-up piece of paper.

He opened it up, revealing it to be the kids' menus with the map on it that Roxie and Dave gave us the day they left. "We're here," He points to a spot on the map. "The docks are on the southern tip of the Island. Even if we ran at peak Yaz speed, there's no way we'd make the last boat out."

"You don't know that," Sammy said trying not to lose hope.

"Yes, I do." He argued, "I memorized the evacuation plan on the ferry ride over." The group groaned, turning away from the fact that we slowly losing the possibility of leaving. I laughed to myself. That sounds just like something Ben would do.

"Okay, so we need another way." Darius stood up, scanning around us. "Um... Can we use those somehow?" Darius pointed at the kayaks in the water, "Or send someone to tell the ferry people to wait? Or..."

"Or make a few jetpacks real quick?" Brooklynn shouted sarcastically. "Oh! We should befriend a unicorn!" She sighed, folding her arms, "Face it. It's hopeless."

Suddenly, we hear a faint voice in the distance. "We will be arriving at Main Street," An automatic voice plays ."Your destination for fine dining..."

"Is that...?" Brooklynn trailed off turning our attention to the automatic voice.

"...and shopping at Jurassic World."

We run to the ledge, leaning against the railing as we discover an upcoming monorail. Everyone stared shocked but mostly relived we had something.

"Followed by stops at the Jurassic World Lagoon and the South Ferry Dock." The automatic voice continued.

"Monorail, what-what!" Kenji excitedly shouted.

"Mm, nicely played, Universe," Brooklynn smirked.

"Hurry!" Darius brought back our attention. We ran up the stairs, making our way to the monorail stop. Yasmina was behind the group for the first time.

"Come on, we gotta move!" Darius directed us.

"It's nice havin' some company back here for once." Ben panted

"I'm fine." Yasmina picked up her pace, running ahead of him.

Kenji, Sammy, and Brooklynn were in front, cheering and laughing as they made their way to the monorail station. The cheers quickly stopped as they immediately ran back, shoving the rest of us behind the wall.

I opened my mouth to question them, but Kenji quickly shushed me. Brooklynn stopped Darius before he could walk through, Yasmina and Ben finally arriving. Suspicious, Darius crept around the corner, peeking to see what was going on.