P13: Rest

Shisui smiled to himself as he got closer to Konoha. He finished his solo B-rank mission early and was excited to go home and see his friends. He decided to run the rest of the way but came to a stop just before he was about to jump into the trees.

"Danzo Shimura," Shisui said. The man was in his usual attire of semi-formal robes and trademarked bandages with his right arm covered up in his robes, which was something he had only begun doing in the last year and a half. He knew Danzo never traveled alone, so he kept his guard up.

"Shisui Uchiha."

"Is there something I can help you with?" He asked innocently. "Does Hokage-sama want me to go out on another mission?" Danzo was a dangerous man and he didn't want to hurt a Konoha official if he could help it.

"You are loyal to the village, yes?" Danzo asked.

"I am," Shisui nodded.

"Then you must see how dangerous it is to incorporate the Uchiha's back into the village. All of us are aware that the incident during Naruto Uzumaki's birth was due to the sharingan," Danzo explained.

"The Uchiha had nothing to do with that, Shimura-san, as we've explained. It was due to childbirth."

Danzo grunted. "No one believes that. We know it was the Uchiha trying and failing."

"Who is the "we" you are speaking of?" Shisui asked. "Because what I am really hearing is that it is you who think so. And to answer what you're going to ask of me, the answer is no. It would be dangerous to leave the Uchiha out, and you are aware of that. You're just wanting to rid the world of the Uchiha bloodline. They're members of Konoha, which would make it a treasonous act to bring any harm to them."

"I am doing this for Konoha!" Danzo replied. "One day your family will overtake the village and put everyone under their control."

"You and I both know that you're really doing this for yourself, to gain power. Otherwise, you'd see that Minato-san is making all the right decisions. Since you cannot, however, I know that you're just after the Hokage Hat."

Danzo felt his blood boiling at the young boy's words. "You know nothing of what's really going on, boy."

"I don't? I know your Root members have been tailing me, that they're looking for information on me. Who do you think gave it to them? I knew you'd seek me out eventually," Shisui explained. "You want my sharingan, but you're not going to get it...not willingly."

"I was hoping I could make you see it my way, but I was mistaken. You seemed smarter," Danzo scoffed.

"So did you," Shisui smirked.

Danzo raised his hands and Shisui activated his sharingan as Root members shot out from the trees. Easily, he took out every single one that came his way and made his way to take out Danzo. He knew he wasn't going to get another chance if he didn't do it now.

Shisui thought about his family. How they'd made the right choice in calling off the coup. He thought about Itachi and Sasuke and how close they were. How much Sasuke truly adored his older brother and how Itachi wanted what was best for his little brother, the village, and, even though he never said so, Hinata as well. He thought about how much he loved his village, and how he'd never let anybody bring about their downfall when they'd finally made the right choice, even if he had to go on the run after this. Even if he could never see them again.

He took down every ninja coming his way, body flickering faster than they could keep up, truly living up to his moniker.

Danzo ordered his men to stay back as Shisui came closer before coming to a stop a few feet in front of him. "Turn yourself over to Lord Third and I will let you live," Shisui said, deciding to give him one last chance.