P12: A Bad Feeling

"You guys didn't need to come see me off," Shisui said, smiling at the small group as he approached the village gates. "I'll only be gone for a couple of days at the most." He said that, but he was extremely grateful to have good friends, even if three of them were only seven year olds.

"Stay safe," Hinata said, smiling warmly at him. "We'll be waiting for you to come have tea with us."

Shisui made a show of bowing before her. "I would never keep you waiting, Hina-hime," Shisui said, winking as he straightened back up.

Hinata giggled. "I'll hold you to that, Shi-kun," she replied. "I'll have your favorite flavor on standby."

"You have Itachi-flavor?" Sasuke groaned while Itachi rolled his eyes and Naruto sputtered. Shisui grimaced at his own joke. "That wasn't my best."

"No, it wasn't," Itachi agreed.

Hinata patted Shisui's arm. "You tried your best," she said solemnly. Shisui ruffled her hair. "Will you miss us?"

"Of course, I will!" He said before looking up at the sky. The sun was about to rise. "I should be going soon."

"Teach us more things when you come back!" Naruto said, giving Shisui a fist bump. Shisui chuckled and agreed. Sasuke and Itachi stood to the side as they already said their goodbyes to their cousin the night before when he came over for dinner.

Hinata reached into her pocket and handed him a small felt bag that was completely sewn shut on all sides. "I know you don't really get anxious or scared, but just in case, I made you a small calming bag."

Shisui lifted the bag to his nose and smelled lavender, rose, and lemon. "It smells terrific. Thank you," he said. He put it in his pocket and then stepped forward to give her a hug. "I'm sure it'll help me a lot, Hina-hime."

Hinata hugged him tightly. "We'll be waiting," she said.

The group waved to Shisui as he left the village just as the sun rose.

"I'm really going to miss him," Hinata sighed. "He's so funny."

Itachi put his hand on her head. "He'll be back before you know it." They continued to watch Shisui until he was no longer in sight. "Come on. We need to get you back home before school."

The three turned around and walked in silence until they came to Naruto's road and split ways.

"I have...a bad feeling," Hinata said, swallowing a lump in her throat. "I just feel like something is going to go very wrong." She couldn't shake it and didn't want to let Shisui leave or let Naruto leave her side—Hinata didn't want any of them to leave her. She didn't know what the feeling was about and she felt overwhelmed.

"Shisui will be fine," Itachi reassured her.

"I don't know if it's about him or anyone else. I just know that it's there and...it's almost suffocating," she explained. She looked at the Uchiha brothers who were walking on either side of her. "I don't want either of you to leave my side."

Sasuke caught her pinky with his index finger and held it loosely. "We're not gonna leave you," he assured her. He looked up to Itachi and smiled. "Right, brother?"

Itachi put his arm around her small shoulders. "We'll be here with you, at least until it's time for the next mission." Hinata nodded and felt herself calm down a bit before she smiled at them in thanks.

"Thank you both."

When they made it to the Hyuuga compound, Hinata reminded Sasuke not to be late or Neji was going to argue as soon as he showed up. Sasuke huffed but agreed. They waited until she was inside before continuing on to their own compound.