P9: Jealousy

Hinata, Sasuke, and Naruto stood side-by-side as Minato arrived with Kushina. Her long, red hair nearly reached her knees and Hinata was in awe at its length and beauty. She absently reached up to her short hair that reached just above her shoulders and wondered if she could grow her hair out as much.

"Kushina, this is Sasuke Uchiha, the youngest Uchiha of the main house, and Hinata Hyuuga, the eldest of the main house. Students, this is Kushina Uzumaki, the strongest woman I know and Naruto's mother," Minato introduced. "She specializes in her clan's trademark style, fuinjutsu, which is the use of seals, as well as in chakra control, and in medical ninjutsu."

"What is it that you specialize in?" Sasuke asked him.

"Speed, ninjutsu, and combat," he replied.

Hinata's eyes lit up at hearing their abilities and there was a huge smile on her face. "You're both so very strong!" She bowed. "Thank you for teaching us."

Minato and Kushina chuckled at her kind words and sparkling eyes. "You're very welcome, Hinata-chan," Kushina said. "First thing's first, I need to see you three fight."

"In different matches or like yesterday?" Naruto asked.

"Like yesterday," Minato replied. He and Kushina stood to the side as the three got into their positions. Hinata in her lax Gentle Fist style, Sasuke in the standard taijutsu stance, and Naruto in a boxing stance.

"Begin!"

The three charged each other. Hinata ducked down as Sasuke's fist went for her face and shot her palm toward his thigh but he leaped over Naruto and went for a punch to the blond boy. Naruto rolled to the side and managed to kick Hinata in the side, forcing her back a few feet. She quickly recovered and grabbed Naruto's arm, sending chakra through her fingertips to numb his arm as she pulled herself closer to him with a raised palm. Sasuke, coming from the side with a roundhouse kick, forced her to retreat and focus on landing a hit on him since she and Naruto had gotten each other.

Kushina and Minato watched closely, impressed by their fighting skills at such a young age. They knew Naruto could hold his own but watching their son fight two doujutsu users made them proud despite knowing they couldn't reveal their doujutsu skills until they were placed in a genin team. He was still holding his own.

Looking at Hinata, Kushina was in slight awe of her chakra control without the use of her byakugan. From Naruto holding his arm and trying to shake out the feeling, she saw that she had focused her chakra into her fingertips to attack the chakra points in his forearm. Kushina decided that she wanted to have Hinata try her hand at medical ninjutsu.

Focusing on Sasuke, they saw his speed and the strength behind his attacks. He was fast at eluding charges from his partners and quick at coming up with a counter-attack. Looking at him closer, Minato could see a darkness within him and the great potential in all of them. Ninjutsu was something Sasuke was going to be great at.

When Hinata landed a hit on Sasuke's side, all three jumped away from one another, panting but focused on their opponents with hard eyes. Naruto was still shaking out his arm while Hinata was feeling out her back and Sasuke was rubbing his side.

"Naruto, you're reckless when it comes to facing Hinata that you forget she can block your points with just about any part of her body," Sasuke said.

Naruto smirked. "I could say the same for you. You get too cocky and we manage to land hits on you," he replied.

"And me?" Hinata asked.

"You're better at attacking, but your speed is lacking," Sasuke said. "You're faster than before, but you should be even faster." Hinata nodded firmly, taking it in.