39

SUMMER

"Love you," I rise on my tip toes, pressing my body against his arm, our fingers locked together as I kiss his cheek. We're in the elevator up to Ellie's parent's Bel-Air penthouse where we're meeting everyone before we head out to the bars.

We may or may not be an hour late to the pregame, we'd be even later if it were up to me. My body is still reminiscing in the feeling of his hands on my hips, his lips on mine and the orgasm he gave me still has my brain on cloud nine. 

Trevor kisses my forehead, "Love you, more," his tone is light a playful.

"I don't wanna stay out long tonight," I just want to be in bed with him.

"Good, because I don't want to either," he smirks down at me as I stand flat on my feet again.

The elevator dings, signaling that we have arrived to Ellie's floor. We head down the hallway, still hand in hand. When we step in front of Ellie's door, I just push it open because I can hear the music and the boys shouting about something on the other side.

"Hello!" I call out, trying to be louder then the rap song I don't recognize that's blasting from the TV.

"You're here!" Ellie cheers, obviously a few drinks in. I watch her get off the couch as she says, "Mom and Dad filled the fridge, drink whatever!"

I nod at her and turn to the fridge my hand leaving Trevor's. I instantly miss him.

"Trevor!" The boys all cheer as he walks over to them, and I go to the fridge.

"Guess what!" Ellie says as she hops up on the counter. She's buzzing with excitement.

"What?" I ask, matching her excitement as I reach for the already open bottle of tequila and a seltzer can in the fridge.

"Logan invited a girl to meet us out tonight," she says it like it's news. Logan has a new girl every other day.

"So?" I raise a brow at her shutting the fridge.

"It's Kenzie."

I stop what I'm doing and look up at her, "No way."

The night of my birthday we went out, and of course everyone from the dance team, who was in town and of age, was invited out to celebrate.

Alex invited a few of the boys too, which included James and Logan. And half way through the night we saw Kenzie and Logan chatting, but I got so drunk that night I don't remember if it was flirty chatting or not.

We warned the whole dance team about him and James, and told the boys to keep their hands to themselves. I've grown a soft spot for those boys but they're not the most respectable when it comes to women. So of course I checked in on Kenzie a couple days later and she told me not to worry. I dropped it after telling her that if she needs me to go off on Logan I will. Or I'll make Trevor do it.

"I know!" Ellie basically squeals as she hops off the counter and turns to open the cabinet that was behind her. She pulls out a glass for me.

"Please tell me you asked him about it!"

"I started to then, James interrupted so I didn't get answers," she sighs.

"I'll get answers," I smirk twisting open the tequila, "After a shot."

"I knew you would," she smiles picking up her glass and downing the rest of whatever she was drinking and setting it in front of me. I fill it with a shot after I pour my own.

"Okay," I take a deep breath cracking open the seltzer and taking a sip. I pick up my shot, and Ellie picks up hers, "To the last week of summer with no practice."

Ellie giggles as we tap our glasses together then to the table before we down the clear liquor. She reaches for my seltzer, making a face.

"Hey!" I hit her arm. I don't need the chaser because the tequila is the nicest smoothest tequila ever but it's still nice to get the taste off my tongue.

"Okay let's go interrogate Logan now!" Ellie cheers.

"Hold on," I need to catch up on the drinking front so I carefully pour some of the tequila into the seltzer, "Okay, now we can."

"You're crazy," Ellie shakes her head.

"I need to catch up," I say taking a sip.

There's two large sliding glass doors that are propped open which lead to the patio where the boys are playing pong on the balcony.

"Logan!" I sing making my way over to him. I stand beside him as Alex stands on the end of the table aiming. Ellie's right behind me.

"A little birdy told me you invited a special someone out with us tonight," I smile at him.

Logan looks past me and at Ellie then back to me, "What do you wanna know?"

"What are your intentions with our girl, Kenzie?" I ask.

"Summer, leave him alone," Trevor says from the other end of the table.

I turn to look at him with a glare, "No."

Trevor nods knowing that's the end of the discussion. I've taken Kenzie under my wing since she transferred to UCLA and joined the team, we all kind of have. As a team we're all protective of our younger girls. And Logan better not think he can just fuck around with her and get away with it.

"We're just seeing each other again," Logan says as if it answers my question, the sarcastically says, "I think you people call going on dates?"

I'm gonna smack him.

"You can't lead her on, Logan! She's a very sweet girl, you can't treat her like all your other girls," I try to explain to him, but I don't know what's going on in that head of his so who knows if he's understanding me.

"I promise I'm not just gonna ghost her or just fuck her and leave," he nods but I don't believe him.

"I'm being serious, Logan!"

"I'd listen to her dude, she's scarier then she looks," Alex says. 

"I'm also being serious," Logan protests.

"I believe him," James says from behind us where he's standing with Trevor. We all turn to look at him as he crosses his arms over his chest and says, "How often does he see the same girl twice?"

"Never," Ellie answers.

I turn back to Logan, "Woah wait...you are serious about her."

I swear I almost see him start to smile but he quickly keeps his tough boy act up and shrugs with his arms crossed over his chest.

"I have so many questions," Ellie says from behind me. I just know she's dying to get all the information from Kenzie later.

Oh boy, it's gonna be a long night.