18

SUMMER

A week later I'm sitting beside Ellie in the arena our competition is being held in, another school is performing in front of us but I keep sneaking looks at her phone. She's watching a live stream USC has going for the hockey teams game.

"You can just lean over and watch," she teases me, handing me one of her airpods.

"Sorry, I'm bored," I lie, taking her airpod and sliding it into my ear.

I still haven't told her about Trevor and I, there just hasn't been a moment. And I kinda like keeping him to myself still. I don't want people all up in my business about it.

But I lean over and she holds her phone between us and we watch the game, still waiting until it's our time on stage.

"Shit," I hiss when a guy on the other team slams Trevor into the board and quickly it turns into a fight.

"God, I love how aggressive hockey is," Ellie smiles.

I look at her, "You are so weird."

"Not in like a weird way, but like sometimes in bed Alex-"

I put my hand over her mouth, "Ellie, we're in public." But I wouldn't wanna hear her say it even if we were alone, at least I can stop her with people around.

She laughs and I remove my hand, quickly turning back to her phone when the announcer says St Claire. I'm slightly relieved when it's just the announcer explaining Trevor's penalty, and even more relaxed when they show him and the other guy in the penalty boxes.

Trevor still looks pissed, and then I kinda get what Ellie was saying.

His hair is slick with sweat with his helmet beside him as he leans back against the glass looking over at the refs who are talking to his couch. I have to cross my legs to try as I watch him chew on his mouth guard while he watches the game start up again.

We spend the next twenty minutes watching the game before Coach B drags us all to the back to prepare to perform.

TREVOR

Everything. Aches.

"Hi!" Summer's sweet voice rings into my room, I have my phone on speaker so I can lay on my stomach and ice my back.

"Hi," I groan.

"Awe," her voice makes me relax a bit more, "How you feelin?"

"Sore."

"I'm sorry," she hums, "I saw that you guys won!"

"We did," I smile proudly. Alex scored the winning goal with less than a minute left, it was a clean pass from one of our sophomore defensemen, Scottie, that set Alex up for a perfect down the middle shot.

"Good job, what time is the game on Tuesday?"

"6:30, can you make it?" I ask hopefully.

"I work until six, so I should get there right on time," god I wish I could see her face.

"I miss you," I admit.

God now I really wish I could see her face because she takes a minute to respond but when she finally does, her voice is softer, "I miss you too."

"How'd you guys do?"

"We got fifth," she sounds a bit defeated by it, "One of the freshmen fell out of her turns, she played it off well but still."

"I have no clue what that means," I admit.

"Don't worry about it," she laughs lightly.

"When's your next competition? I wanna come watch."

"In two weeks, UCLA is hosting it. But trust me you'd be bored out of your mind," she gets cut off by a mix of voices call her name in the background.

"Hold on!" She shouts back.

"I have to go," she sighs, "Team dinner. And then us upper classmen are going out," then I can hear her heels clicking on the pavement.

She sent me a picture of her tight black dress, with the matching leather jacket and heels. I had been staring at it until she called. She always just looks so effortless beautiful.

"I'll text you?"

"No promises I'll be up," I answer.

"Rest up, baby," I love when she calls me that, "I'll see you soon."

"Have fun," I smile.

I fall asleep less then five minutes after we hang up.

And I wake up to a thread of texts from Summer at two am, along with a couple pictures.

summer : i wish you were here

summer : god i am so drunk

summer : i wish i could teleport your dick to me and you

summer : actually forget i said that

summer : why did i send that?

Then there's one photo of her and Ellie in the club bathroom, it's blurry and they're both hanging onto each other, Summer's laughing as Ellie licks her cheek.

The next photo, makes my boxers grow tight, it's a zoomed in photo of her body in the hotel bathroom mirror, the same mirror she had sent me a photo of her dress in before dinner. Only this time the dress is gone and her breasts are covered by a black lace bra and she has on tight black shorts, that are somehow hotter then if she had nothing on. Fuck.

me : hey, how are you feeling?

summer : like i'm gonna throw up on this bus

me : want me to pick you up when you guys get back?

summer : i have to go to work

me : after last night?

summer : i have no choice

This girl amazes me.