20

TREVOR

I'm holding Summer's hand, tighter then I probably need to be, as we make our way through the party while I say hi to everyone. Most of the crowd are teammates and their friends, and a lot of puck bunnies trying to find there player of the night.

"Vodka cran?" I ask her once we make it to the kitchen, where the the center island is littered with mixers and alcohol.

"Please," she smiles but her eyes are still more focused on the people beyond the kitchen.

"Relax, Sunshine," I say mixing a drink for her.

I internally celebrate her not getting mad at me for the nickname.

"Sorry," she lets out a long breath but still looks tense when I over at her.

"What's up with you?" I ask making my way around the counter to her, handing her the solo cup as I stand behind her.

"Thanks," she hums taking a sip, "It's uhm," she shrugs, "I don't know."

I slip my hand around her neck, my thumb slowly rubbing her skin, kissing her cheek, "We can leave if you want."

I can feel her muscles relax under my hand. She tilts her head back so she can see me. Her hazel eyes almost flicker yellow in the ever changing party lights.

"Just don't leave me, please."

I kiss her temple, "Never."

And I don't mean just tonight. I don't ever want to loose this girl, but she doesn't need to know that, not yet.

I kiss her on the lips, just short and sweet. I pull away but not too far as I say, "Tell me as soon as you want to leave, no questions asked."

"Okay," she gives me a small nod.

"Promise me." Because I know she'll just hang around until I ask her if she's okay.

"I promise."

I introduce Summer to the whole team, they all stare a bit too long at her chest. Which makes me holder her closer. I know they won't make a move because brocode or whatever. Even knowing that I still find myself touching her at all times, any way I can. Whether my arm is around her shoulders whenever we're standing in a group, or I'm pulling her into my lap whenever were sitting. Which I soon start to regret because I swear she keeps slightly moving on purpose.

"Can we find Ellie?" Summer whispers to me while were sitting outside with a few of my friends a couple hours later. I nod, my hands find her hips helping her to her feet. My hands linger as I stand up behind her.

"You're so touchy tonight," Summer looks over at me as we walk across the yard back to the house hand in hand.

"What? Can't I touch my girlfriend?" I give her hand a squeeze.

"Yeah, but it's different right now."

"Don't worry about it," I shrug.

"Is someone jealous?" she teases.

I scoff, "No, I just don't like how every man here is staring at you."

She stops walking and turns to face me, reaching for my other hand, "I like how jealously looks on you."

"That makes two of us," I smirk leaning over to kiss her.

I don't care that we're in the middle of this yard, I don't care who sees us. Fuck it, let them watch! She's going home with me no matter what.

She's got this playful look on her face when I pull away, it makes me wanna lay her down and fuck her right then and there.

"Wanna head home?" I ask, even she says no we're finding a bedroom or a bathroom or a damn closet. I need her.