Chapter 17- The Before, During and After 3rd Year

Harry POV

Regarding my relationship with Dad, I find myself in a bit of a dilemma. I mean, he's great and all that a Dad should do, but sometimes I get the feeling that he's hiding something.

Katheren and Papa would always not mention anything to me, making me feel like I was not mature enough to know the secret.

I remember that James, my Dad, appeared when I was nine.

Katheren and Papa were very serious and not fully trusty of Dad. And Dad... Well, he accepted it.

I just wish that Papa would tell me what happened to him and Dad because they looked so good together!

I know Dad would make Papa very happy, but I understand I can't force them to be together just for me.

For now, I'm just happy that Dad's allowed to be in the family, even though it makes him mad whenever Dray and Fight comes.

I don't know why Papa acts so cold and then embarrassed as soon as Dad does something, but I can tell that he's slowly falling back in love.

Call me naive, but I can see Papa's small smile whenever Dad gets everyone, except Katheren, to laugh. Maybe she does when no one's looking; I'm not sure. 

Anyway, I'm with Draco outside to hang out before my cake.

I was laughing at something he said, and he just looked at me with admiration.

"Dray?" I asked, not getting a reaction from him after I stopped laughing. He just stared at me with his beautiful grey eyes, which made me blush.

"Yes, my queen~?" He says, and my face turns red.

"I told you to stop calling me that..." I said, but my body language said otherwise.

Even though I usually can handle compliments, Dray's always make my stomach flip, for some reason.

"Why should I, my sweet~?"

"Draco~!"

Just then, I heard my name and soon grabbed Dray's hand before heading back.

From there, I saw Katheren and her unofficial boyfriend holding hands, as well, while Dad was intensely staring at them.

'Not again...' I sighed.

"Papa-"

"On it," Papa said, smacking Dad's head, which made me kinda chuckle.

"Ow! Severus, why did you do that- Oh..."

Earlier in the day, Dad promised to be on his best behavior, and if he was acting rude or cold, Papa could smack him in the head.

"I want my cake, please!" I said, already going to the table for the cake.

I have a sweet tooth, but not as much as Katheren.

Based on what Papa said, I can't give her too much. If I give Katheren even the slightest bit high of her tolerance, she'll act crazy.

Just imagine a pregnant woman but only in the first stages of pregnancy, minus the food cravings.

I don't even want to think about it. Wait, why am I thinking of that? It's my birthday!

Shortly after, the cake arrived, and I smiled as it had chocolate frosting, knowing that the inside was marble with vanilla buttercream.

'Yummy,' I thought before hearing everyone singing Happy Birthday. 

I'm happy to survive for thirteen years; hopefully, I can live a happy life with everyone. It makes me sad that everyone dies at some point, but as long as I have the people I care about sincerely close by, I'll be okay.