Chapter 10- James's and Severus's Letters

James POV

While things settled down for my children, things weren't looking up so high for me.

Shortly after the ceremony, the students were instructed to follow their Perfects, and all the teachers came to talk about the Snapes.

After all these years, Dumbledore wanted to contact Snape to ask about the children, and I asked to speak to him privately.

Dumbledore looked concerned, but eventually, he allowed it and told everyone to get some sleep.

Long story short, Dumbledore's concern grew as I told him about what happened to my children. Surprisingly, Dumbledore only asked if Snape joined the Death Eaters, which I shook my head.

After some pause, he asked when the children were precisely born, and I told him that Harry was born on July 31st while Katheren was born on November 22nd.

This made Dumbledore puzzle even more, and I explained that there was a complication with Snape's pregnancy and Katheren's magic.

Even though Dumbledore was still uncertain about the kids, I told him they were good and that they won't turn evil.

After a while, Dumbledore asked if it was alright to tell him this, and I said that Snape allowed it in case something like this happened.

"Well, I can see that you really love your children, right?" He asked, to which I nodded in response.

"I'll have to see for myself how powerful they are; and how good they are based on Snape's actions."

Before I could yell at him, he did something no one expected: he stuttered.

"S-Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean to phrase it that way. I meant how much Snape's good influence on them."

"Oh..."

"I have years to apologize for, and seeing those two, I thought back to my younger years..."

I didn't understand that part, but I knew it wasn't any part of my business. 

"I hope you and Snape have a lovely future together," He said before dismissing me.

My face flushed as soon as I heard him say that, and I left quickly.

My thought went back to Severus and me in our time in Hogwarts. I embarrassedly remember how I bullied him along with my friends up to the fifth year and me choosing my friends, which resulted in me not knowing my children.

I sighed as I bitterly remember Severus crying when he saw them hurt, and I stood there doing nothing like a fool.

'I can't do anything about it now. The past is in the past, and I can only look forward to the future...'

Once I entered my room, I wrote a little to Severus about how the children's sorting ceremony went:

Dear Snape,

First off, how are you? I know that asking about how they're doing is necessary, and I just wanted to make sure you're feeling ok. If you ever need anything, I'll lend you a hand! 

Speaking of making sure things are alright, the children's ceremony went very well. 

Although, I did lose/gain Galleons about what House our children will go to. Surprisingly, Harry went to Slytherin while, unsurprisingly, Katheren also went to Slytherin. 

I honestly don't know if I should laugh or cry because Malfoy's kid and a blue-haired boy, a Ravenclaw boy, caught our children's attention that fast.