Interlude- The Parent's Life During Second Year

Now, let's see what the adults were doing during the twins' second year.

~~~~

September 9th, 1992

Severus POV

I knew the children's and James's letters would arrive very soon, so I decided to make breakfast. 

While cooking scrambled eggs, I spotted the owl and wordlessly opened the window. 

Upon arrival, Hedwig and Mav, Harry's and Katheren's owls, came and dropped the letters. Soon, James's owl, Snow, arrived. She drops his letter and waits with the other owls. 

Knowing this, I offered them bacon, which they all loved, and soon, they left with a happy stomach.

"Honestly..." I said before sitting, sipping my coffee.

I decided to open James's letter first, and things weren't what I expected.

Dear Snape, 

I'm writing your name like this, knowing that you'll be pissed at me for what I'm about to tell you. So, Katheren and Harry got themselves in the Hospital Wing again, and I already scolded the Weasleys Twins and Seamus.

Those two will not leave them alone, and I'm starting to think of calling their parents.

Anyway, how are you? Are you doing okay? I know it's hard with the children away, but I'm trying my best to protect them. You created two beautiful children, but...

Why them? Why Malfoy and the other brat?

They can do so much better...

Besides that, I wanted to know if you're letting me come to the Christmas party like last year. I feel like I should ask since I know you're still a bit wary of me, which I get.

Lastly, I know this might be overstepping, but what does Katheren like for presents? I know the girl doesn't like me, which again, I get that, but this year, I wanted to buy some presents for the kids. Harry, I already know what he likes, but Ktaheren? Not so much...

Please tell me.

Sincerely, Potter

P.S. I write my last name, knowing that you're mad.

I sighed after reading the letter and mentally rolled my eyes as I started to read the children's letters.

They were somewhat similar, but the only difference would be Katheren telling me more about her crush on Fight. The girl fell harder when it comes to their love, and I'm happy that she met someone like him.

On Harry's side, he talks about the situation, but there was one line that stood out.

I don't get why Dad's acting like he hates Draco and Fight so much. I don't think he actually does, but I don't feel okay with him like this. Does he not like them? If he does, then... Will he not love us?

Immediately, I wanted to strangle Potter for making our son feel like this, but I kept calm since it harmed my health.

I began writing, knowing that Potter needed to see it.

Potter,

I understand your usage of your last name in the letter. Although, I'm not angry at that. What I'm most disappointed in is the fact that Harry thinks you don't love him if he chooses to spend time with Draco.