Chapter 16- Draco's and Fight's Cockiness Makes James Mad

Draco POV

As a young Pureblood, one of the circumstances of being one is to protect those they love, even if it means hurting others.

Of course, I haven't used physical or emotional violence, nor did I manipulate the people I love. 

When I first meant Harry, I thought he was too good for someone like me. I was just lucky that he accepted me even though I'm a veela. Even though I haven't fully manifested the power, I know that Father will help out.

Looking at Harry with Katheren, all happy and smiling, I happily smiled while admiring Harry's beauty.

It looked like I wasn't the only one, seeing the Rhys, aka Fight in Katheren's words, was looking in the same direction. 

We admired our lovers, and they looked in our direction before blushing.

It was nice... Until stupid James Potter interfered with our view.

Rhys and I were not pleased with him when Harry and Katheren looked at him even more when he assumingly told them to follow him. 

"Damn him..." Rhys mumbled, and I couldn't help but agree to it.

'Damn him, indeed...'

~~~~~

As I held Harry's hand while we were talking, the topic of my love's birthday came up. It didn't matter what happened on Harry's birthday; I was always there on his special day. But Harry felt it should be months later, which I learned about him surviving thanks to Katheren.

Everyone, even Katheren, reassured Harry that being alive was the greatest gift of all, but Harry often wondered if he hadn't survived. I admit, I was going to cry as I couldn't imagine my life without my mate, but the present's better than the past.

I always reassured Harry that Katheren loves him for who he is, and it does help, but not always. 

However, James Potter is on severe probation on my mind due to finding out that he wasn't there for Harry's and Katheren's lives for their nine years of life. 

Rhys and I agreed that he didn't need to be in their lives too much, but we promised not to take too extreme measures. Mainly because Katheren threatened us if A) we do something that can hurt my love or B) she's not part of it.

Honestly, how can Rhys love someone as scary as her? Maybe he has a type for the terrifying...

"Dray?" My love asked, and I turned to stare at his beautiful face. 

"Yes, my queen~?" I asked, and it got Harry to giggle.

"Stop calling me that. I'm not a girl..."

"Sorry, but your beauty can outshine every girl in the whole world," I replied, and my comment made my love blush.

"A-Anyways, I wanted to ask if you're coming to my party?" He shyly said, and Merlin, it was so cute.

"Of course, I'm coming. My parents will join in, but I think your Dad's still on probation with my Father."

"Oh, yeah. I don't blame Papa for hiding us, but..."

"I agree with you, dear. My Father is not someone to mess around with," I said before wrapping my arm around Harry's waist after noticing Potter coming.

He paused, and I could see a vein appearing, but I didn't care. 

"Mine," I mouthed, and I got to enjoy James's face of trying to stay in control while sweet Harry was oblivious as always. 

'Such good things don't go unpunished,' I thought, smirking at Potter before telling Harry about his Father.

"Oh, hey, Dad. I didn't see you there," My love said, and I could see Potter trying really hard not to attack me.