When You Have a Nightmare

This chapter will be a continuation after the bonus chapter "Hurt"
Please enjoy!
★★★★★

You were laying flat on the ground, staring up at the pitch black sky, the wound on your stomach, gushing out blood as you laid there helpless.

Petra's body was up against the tree, right next to yours. You looked to your left and saw Eld's body. To your right was Oluo.

Their deceased corpses just lay there, unresponsive, helpless. It was quiet. Too quiet for even you to bare.

You slowly managed to get up, holding onto the tree for support as you stumbled forward, wanting nothing more than to leave the horrible scene that stood before you.

You were limping around the dark forest, only a small lantern to help you see. It was cold and so very quiet.

You couldn't see anything for miles besides the large trees around you, guarding what was beyond them.

You felt as if you had been walking forever. You didn't even know if you were going the right way. That was until you saw them again.

You looked around and saw your dead comrades once more. Still in the same positions as you had seen them before. You had gone in a circle and ended up where you were trying to get away from.

You panted heavily, deciding to take a different route. You walked and walked, the blood from your wound seeping into your shirt as you came to a stop to look around.

You see Petra's body once more, laying helpless against the tree. Just as it had been before. Everywhere you turned, you just ended up back where you didn't want to be.

The guilt was eating you from the inside out, how you couldn't do anything but stand helpless and watch your comrades get killed.

You fell to your knees and broke down in tears. It felt as if the world was closing in on you. That was until you heard someone calling out to you in the distance.

"Y/n!!"

You recognized the voice almost immediately. It was Hange.

You looked up from the ground, your head turning from left to right in search of the voice. You were met with nothing but the pitch black forest in view.

You wiped your tears away and let out an exhausted huff, forcing yourself up and onto your feet.

You started to make your way towards where Hange's voice was coming from.
As you tried to walk faster, it only got louder.

"Y/N?!"

No matter how many times you looked around, there was no sign of them anywhere.

"Hange!!"

You cried back out to them, hoping that they would hear you. You started to pick up your pace as fast as you could, still in a desperate attempt to find them, the only person who made you feel safe.

As blood continued to seep through your clothing, your legs began to give out on you. You fell to the ground, your energy and strength gone.