When Your Sad

You lay in bed, staring up at your ceiling, the sound of your door being knocked on echoing throughout your thoughts.

Your curtain was still closed, a little bit of sunlight passing through. You don't know why but you had been crying most of the night.

You let out a sigh as you place your arm over your face. "I have to get up and train today.." you say, groaning into your pillow.

Sasha continues to knock on the door, trying to get you up. "Come on Y/n! You already skipped breakfast, we're gonna be late for training!!" she says through the door.

You sigh and continue to ignore her, hoping that she would just give up and leave. You roll over, still trying to figure out what was making you so sad.

You didn't have a reason, it just must be one of those days. Everybody has days when they don't feel like themselves.

It was 9 AM and you still hadn't moved an inch. You heard footsteps coming from outside your room and immediately recognized them.

"Hanji.." you say softly into your pillow. 3 gentle knocks could be heard. "Hey Y/n, you in there?" Hanji asks against the door.

Not wanting to ignore your lover, you slowly get up and make your way to the door, unlocking it.

You peek your head out, rubbing your eyes. "Oh hey, come in.." you say, moving out of the way. Hanji smiles and walks in, a plate of food in hand.

"I bought you breakfast. I didn't see you downstairs this morning, what's going on?" Hanji asks setting the food down and shutting the door behind them.

You sigh and shrug your shoulders. "I don't know.. I don't feel like doing anything.. I feel sad and I don't have a reason why.." you say looking down and your feet.

Hanji gets closer and cups your face in their hands. "Have you been crying..?" they ask, concern all over their face.

Your eyes immediately start tearing up again as you nod your head. "Oh sweetheart, come here.." Hanji says, pulling you into an embrace.

You both stand in the middle of your room, hugging each other until you calmed down.

A few minutes pass and Hanji pulls away, leading you over to your bed. You sit down, Hanji sitting right next to you.

They place the plate of food they brought in your lap. "You should eat before it gets cold." they say, moving the hair out of your face.

Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and waffles topped with strawberries and syrup. A huge smile spread across your face. "You cooked this didn't you?" you asked giggling.

Hanji blushes and nods their head. "Sasha said that you weren't feeling well this morning so I decided to cook you up something special... I know how much you love my cooking so.. yea." Hanji says covering their face.

You lean your head on their shoulder. "You do so much for me Hanji.. I don't do much though, do I?" you say staring down at the floor.

Hanji frowns and reaches for your hand, placing it over their chest. "Do you feel that?" they ask looking at you. "Your heartbeat?" you ask confused.

"Yes. Exactly. You're the one that keeps it going every day Y/n. You give me life and a reason to get up every morning. You're a wonderful girlfriend. I would never trade you for anybody else. You're funny, you're cute, and you speak your mind about a lot of things. You even help me out with my research. In my eyes, you do enough."

You stare wide-eyed at your lover. "Stop being corny.." you say, desperately trying to hide how red your face had turned.

"Your face says otherwise my love~" Hanji says, leaving kisses all over your face, making you smile.

"There's my favorite smile! You're feeling better right?" Hanji asks tilting their head. You nod and lift their hand, giving it a soft kiss. "You always make me feel better Hanji."

★★★★★
Hi everyone! I apologize for the late upload... I ended up getting sick and my motivation was gone. Not to mention the writer's block I had 😓 However, I did take that time to edit my previous chapters by adding more or fixing mistakes! I'm so happy I was able to get this one out today! Please enjoy 🫶🏻