Your Biggest Fear

Spiders. They're eight-legged creatures. They hide out in dusty places, homes, or anywhere they can spin a web.

You have never been terrified of something so much.

You were inside Hanji's office, reading one of the books they recommended. You were sat on the floor against the bookshelf as Hanji did some paperwork

You were about to flip to the next page of the book, when you saw something in the corner of your eye crawling on the ground next to you.

You let out a scream, something you would probably hear out of a scary movie.

Hanji jumped, obviously startled by the scream. They immediately rushed over to your side and held your face. "What happened?! Are you ok?!" they ask concerned.

You pull them against you to move them out of the spider's way. You then point at the ground, your hand shaking.

Hanji looks at where you pointed and sighs in relief. "Oh, Y/n.." they say chuckling.

"It's not funny.." you say scooting away. "Please get rid of it." you say trying to compose yourself.

Hanji walks over to their desk and gets a paper and the empty coffee mug on the desk.

You watched as Hanji leaned down and set the mug over the small creature, sliding the paper underneath after.

"There! The little guy can't bother you anymore my love.." Hanji says walking over to their desk. They set the paper and mug with the spider on their desk.

They grab a small jar off the shelf, setting it down on the desk. They carefully remove the mug and set it down. They then gently pick the spider up and place it inside the jar, closing the lid.

"Wait a second, don't tell me your gonna keep the thing." you say staring at the jar holding the small creature.

"I wanna research it sweetheart. I've never seen a spider like this before!" Hanji says, reaching to hold your hands.

"Please? I won't keep it if you don't want me to.." they say staring down into your eyes.

You stare at them and sigh. "Just please don't let it get out.." you say.

"Thank you so much!" Hanji says hugging you tightly. "I promise it won't get out." they say interlocking their pinkie with yours.

You smile a little at the little pinkie promise they made with you.

(a few days later)

Hanji has never been more interested in something other than Titans so this was a rare sight to see.

You smiled at how they played with the spider and examined it. You sat in a chair next to them and watched.

They looked up and saw you staring. They smiled and held their hands out, the spider in the middle of their palms.

"Do you want to maybe hold-" you immediately cut their words off.

"Absolutely not." you say scooting away. "Worth the shot.." Hanji says chuckling.

"Thank you for letting me keep the little guy.." Hanji says, gently placing the spider back into the jar.

"Yeah yeah.." you say smiling a little. "Your so close with that spider I'm surprised you haven't given it a name." you say giggling.

"Who said that? Of course I gave him a name!" Hanji says. "Really? What's his name??" you ask tilting your head.

"Gerald." Hanji says staring down at the jar. You burst out laughing. "Gerald the spider?" you ask trying to calm yourself.

"What?! It has a ring to it.." Hanji says blushing. "Yeah, I guess it does." you say leaning in and giving them a peck on the cheek.

Hanji smirks and scurries their fingers down the nape of your neck, sending chills down your spine.

"Hey! I told you not to do that damnit, it feels so weird.." you say grabbing their hand.

Hanji chuckles and shakes their head. "Fine fine. I apologize." they say wrapping their arms around you.

"Let's go." Hanji says standing up. "Huh? Where too?" you ask standing up and following them out of their office.

"Gerald hasn't eaten yet so.. were going to go catch some insects for him!" Hanji says grabbing your hand.

Your eyes widen as you hesitantly followed them outside, not knowing how to feel about trying to catch insects.

Even though you hated spiders and insects, you loved seeing Hanji happy so you just went with the flow.

You pushed the idea of creepy crawlers away and went along with Hanji's mission to get food for Gerald the spider.

★★★★★
I based this chapter on my fear of spiders and insects if it wasn't a little obvious. Thank you for reading! I'll try and get out more chapters as soon as I can <3