How You Sleep

It's been a long day. You had gotten assigned to Hanji's group for a mission and you were pooped. You sigh as you wipe the sweat and blood off your face.

"Shit, that was tough.." you say mounting your horse. "Well, that's what this job is all about!" Hanji says, still as energetic as ever. You chuckle as you both make your way to their room.

You walk in and almost immediately collapse out of energy. "Y/n?!" Hanji gasps as they catch you. "Let's get you in a warm bath and some clean clothes.." they say softly.

Hanji helps you to the bathroom where they begin undressing you. They gently lift you and place you into the warm water. You let out a few shaky breaths, slowly regaining consciousness.

"There are those pretty eyes.." Hanji says as they rest their chin on their hand. They grab a water bottle from the side and put it up to your mouth.

"Drink up.. you're dehydrated." Hanji says as they help you take a few drinks from the bottle.

They set the bottle off to the side again and slowly begin to bathe you, careful with the cuts and bruises that you had gotten on your body.

"I'm going to have to put medicine on those after you get out.." Hanji says softly, running their hands over the wounds. You hum in response as you splash some of the water on your face.

After the bath, you insist that you can finish the rest on your own, but Hanji refused to leave.

You finally give in and let them help you. They help you put your clothes on and brush your hair.

After that's done, they help you onto the counter so that they can tend to your wounds. You wince here and there, but Hanji held your hand the entire time.

After they finished, they lifted you off the counter and back into the bedroom. They laid you down on the bed and pulled the blanket over you. "Stay here while I go shower.." Hanji says, leaning down and leaving a kiss on your forehead.

(A few minutes later)

Hanji comes out of the bathroom with a towel around their neck. They hear soft snores coming from you. "I guess she fell asleep.." Hanji says, chuckling softly.

They hang the towel on the door and walk over to climb into bed with you. Hanji gently picks you up and lays your body on top of theirs.

You lay there comfortably, arms wrapped around their torso and your head on their chest. Hanji strokes your hair, leaving soft kisses on top of your head.

The next morning, you both woke well-rested, but something seemed off. You somehow ended up on your stomach with Hanji's head on your back and their arm wrapped around your torso, their legs in all directions with yours. You both notice the funny position you ended up in and laugh.

"I could have sworn you were on top last night.." Hanji says as they trace shapes onto your back.

"Hey, that tickles!" you say as you squirm around. Hanji smiles as they sit up and run a hand through their hair. "You ready to start another day?" they ask, grabbing your hand, and helping you sit up. You place your chin on Hanji's shoulder and smile back. "Always."