Chapter 29

Peter woke up to the sound of fingers tapping on glass in irregular intervals. He groaned as his headache worsened when the bright light around him attacked his eyes when he tried to open them.

For a second, the tapping stopped, then Peter heard shuffling from somewhere next to him and the lights dimmed to a comfortable brightness, making him sigh in contentment as the pressure on his eyes eased.

"Spidey, you up?"

The voice sounded familiar to Peter, yet he couldn't place where he knew it from until he opened his eyes and saw the red and black mask with the white eyes right above his face, effectively scaring the shit out of him.

"Great, you're awake," Deadpool said, only moving his head away out of Peter's sight when Peter swatted at him with his less-injured arm.

Now that his view wasn't blocked by the red and black clad face with white eyes staring into his soul anymore he could finally look around the room they were in. It looked very white and sterile, so Peter assumed he was in some sort of a hospital. And that thought definitely didn't make him feel better - the last thing he wanted was for random people to know his identity without him even knowing they knew it.

Hold that though, where was his suit? His mask was still on his face, thank whoever was responsible for not removing it, but the familiar clinging of the spandex against the rest of his skin wasn't there, instead he was wearing sweatpants and a hoodie, both a bit too big for him.

Deadpool seemed to sense that Peter was getting 'slightly' anxious, and came back into Peter's field of sight, this time though he didn't take up the whole space, he kept his distance.

"So you're probably wondering where you or rather we are right now, we're at Stark Tower, you know, that big ass ugly building in New York City, I'm sure you've seen it before, is it even called Stark Tower or Avengers Tower? I have no idea. Anyways, you can be glad Double D and I were nearby, D heard you so we got there before those guys could kidnap you. Which guys you may ask? The Avengers. They said they wanted to get you into medbay to help you or something but I knew it was a ploy to kidnap you so I tried to fight them and then-"

Peter interrupted Deadpool. "Get to the point. Where exactly am I, why are you here, where is Daredevil, whose clothes am I wearing."

"I literally told you half of that stuff already."

"Then tell me again. I didn't understand shit."

"Alright then; you're in Stark Tower, I'll call it Stark Tower because I think we all know what I mean by it, you're wherever the fuck medbay is, I'm here because I still think this is a ploy to kidnap you and I wouldn't let you go alone, D is somewhere here or there but I think still in the tower and probably talking to some guys or something, I don't know, and you're wearing my clothes because as I've said like multiple times at least already I don't trust anybody here. Except maybe you or D."

"Maybe?"

"Maybe. You never know whether someone's brainwashed or a clone created to spy on us and give his owner information on us or-"

"Yep, that's enough, thank you very much, can I please talk to someone else now."

"You wound me."

"Oh I sure hope I do."

"I'm going to tell D."

"Sure you will."

"Yes I will." With this final statement, Deadpool pushes himself out of his sitting position on Peter's bed and sprints to the door of the room.

"OH NO YOU WON'T!" Peter yelled and ran after Deadpool after realizing his web shooters were still attached to his suit and he was therefore unable to use them.

Peter managed to tackle Deadpool in the hallway in front of medbay and sat on his back to keep him on the floor and away from Matt.

"Can you like. Get off of me?" Deadpool asked.

"Only if you promise me you won't go to D."

"You know I don't like breaking promises."

"Then have fun staying on the floor."

"Spidey... Come on... That's mean..."

"Do I look like I care?"

"I have literally no idea, my face is pressed into the fucking floor, what do you want from me."

"Spidey, let Deadpool off the ground. Now," they heard Matt yell from a room across the hall. The door was closed, but it was no surprise he could hear them with his enhanced hearing. It wasn't like the two teens were trying to be quiet, anyways.

"Okay, mom," Peter muttered under his breath as he slowly got off Deadpool.

"I heard you, Spidey."

"No shit, Sherlock."

"Spidey~ You have to help me get up~" Deadpool had turned to lie on his back since Peter got off him and now had his face turned to him.

"Absolutely not."

"But I can't get up~"

"Then have fun staying on the floor." Peter already had his hand on the door handle of the room where Matt's voice had come from.

"DON'T LEAVE ME HERE," Deadpool yelled and scrambled after Peter, trying to make it through the door before Peter closed it.

Peter did, in fact, close the door before Deadpool could get through, leaving him to slam into the door face-first.

Inside, Peter held the door closed. He knew Deadpool would try with everything he had to get through that door, but Peter was sure that he didn't have all of his usual weapons on him, so he decided on something else.

Peter knew what the first thing Deadpool would try was after trying to push it open. So he waited for a moment, told the other people in the room to get to the sides, and then counted.

Nobody but Matt knew what Peter was counting for, so it took them all by surprise when Deadpool flew through the door not even a second after Peter opened it.

Deadpool cursed loudly as he landed face-first on the floor. "FUCK YOU!! AGAIN!?" he yelled, not bothering to get off the ground.

"Yep, again." Peter grinned and walked over to the group of people staring silently at them, only Matt snickering silently.

"So then, where did we stop last time?"

notes: yeahhh this is more of a filler chapter, i had some more stuff planned and this part wasn't supposed to be this long, but here we are (and that also means a few more chapters!)

hope ya liked it, and comments are always appreciated, fyi!

note (22/6/23): look, i'm really sorry, but somehow this fic really hates me right now and i cannot get past the first few sentences, so... i don't think i'll actually end it here already, i did have some things planned still but we'll see what i'll come up with, so for now this fic's on an official and indefinitely on a break. i don't want this fic to constantly be in the back of my head bothering me to continue writing, and neither do i want you guys to unnecessarily wait for a new chapter that might just never come. sorry