CHAPTER 8

Peter clicked on *call "Ms. Nat"* and *call "Mr. Winter Plums"* while Minecraft was starting. It would probably take a bit of time because of his old laptop, but it wasn't that big of a problem, as the other two people probably still had to buy and install the game. That would also take a couple of minutes, so Peter didn't worry much.

Only seconds after calling the two people, they both accepted the call. Even though Peter was slightly nervous of talking with strangers he only talked with once over text, but at the same time he was excited to have new friends to play Minecraft with.

"Hello?" somebody said and Mr. Winter Plums' icon flashed up.

"Hey Ms. Nat and Mr. Winter Plums! How are you guys doing?" Peter asked excitedly.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking!" Mr. Winter Plums answered.

"I'm fine, how are you?" a second voice responded, Ms. Nat's icon flashing up.

"I'm doing great! At least now But! Has any of you ever played Minecraft?"

"No, and I don't think I've ever heard of it... But I'm sure it's a lot of fun!" Mr. Winter Plums said happily.

"Do you both have around $27? Because you'll have to buy it before you can play it," Peter explained.

"Yeah we should have enough," Ms. Nat answered.

"Alright, then go to Minecraft.net, buy the game and I'll explain the rest later," Peter instructed them.
About half an hour later, the game was all set up and the three of them joined Peter's Minecraft server he used to play on with Ned. Peter quickly removed his former friend from the whitelist and added "Ms. Nat" and "Winter Plum" instead, so they could play on the server as well. All of them started new, as Peter reset the server due to the newest update [A/N 1.12, The World of Color Update] from a couple of days ago.

Twenty minutes later, it quickly became dark and monsters started to spawn.

Most of the day time Peter tried to teach the older people about the controls and what they needed to survive. At the time night came, all of them were underground, mining for resources. Peter already got enough stone and coal for now, so he went back to the surface, where he got shot by a skeleton immediately. That startled him, so he let out a short shriek before he fought and killed the skeleton.

Alarmed by the shriek, Nat and Bucky, who were both still struggling with the controls, also made their way to the surface, where Peter was fighting against a couple of zombies, including a baby zombie.
Nat's character sprinted to the teen to help him fight off the mobs, while the other one was walking behind, not having really figured out how to sprint properly.

Together, the three of them managed to kill all of the zombies. As they did that, the sun slowly began to rise, burning every zombie and skeleton its rays touched.

With the new day starting, they made it their new goal to get more food, build a house and possibly craft some beds. They split up, everybody searching for the different items in different directions. Natasha went west to a river, while Bucky and Peter went north into a dark oak forest.

Bucky made it his task to farm as much wood as possible, while the the teen and Nat tried to find some sheep or at least other animals.

Everything was fine, until the oldest of the group heard a silent hiss behind him, growing louder quickly. He turned around, to find a green creature turning white in front of him.

"What the hell is this green cucumber-" He didn't continue, as the creature suddenly exploded, making him die in an instant.

At the same time the explosion went off, Peter yelled "CREEPER!", followed by a much less loud "ahw man..."

Nat's only reaction to that 'event' was a not so quiet snort and a laugh, while Bucky just stared at his screen, trying to figure out what the hell happened. He lost all of his progress (which wasn't even that much, but it felt like a lot to him because it was his first time playing this goddamn game) in just a moment to some exploding cucumber thing.

After his computer's screen got stared at enough, Bucky just screamed on the top of his lungs, making the other two yelp in surprise, as they didn't expect that at all.

In the end, they were laughing together again. Peter promised to actually go to sleep and they agreed on a different time to play again together. 

[A/N: sorry for not uploading sooner, this chapter was actually almost finished and then completely forgotten for about two weeks- but oh well, I have about a week of no school, so I'll try to write a bit in that time :]

[A/N this chapter was edited on 25/1/22]