CHAPTER 10

Saturday night

—with Peter—

It was quiet. Too quiet for Peters taste. Sure, there were the citizens talking, the cars driving and even some animals making noises here and there. But that wasn't what Peter meant. He didn't even know what he meant himself, but it just felt weird.

He'd rather talk with Deadpool than just listen to this overwhelming silence. He would never admit it, but he enjoyed having the other one around, even if he was annoying as hell. An annoying company was much better than no company at all.

But Deadpool wouldn't come today, he told Peter the night before. Apparently, he had something to do, and to be honest, the boy didn't really want to know what exactly, though he could imagine it.

Not wanting to think anymore, the Spider swung off the roof he's been standing on for the past ten minutes. That night, there wasn't anything to do. It was weird and unusual, but nothing to worry about.

What did worry him, was that he felt as if somebody followed him, but every time Peter turned around, there was neither anything nor anyone. It started to freak him out, so he decided to go somewhere he could see all of his surroundings, wait there for a bit until that feeling was gone and then maybe go home.

So he went to a roof that was higher than the ones surrounding it, to at least have a high ground if there was actually something or someone. Peter sat down on the ground and allowed himself to close his eyes for a minute.

Suddenly, his Spidey sense went off and he managed to catch an arrow right in front of his face. It seemed to be prepped with something, so Peter threw the arrow away as soon as he noticed. The arrow blew up and released some kind of smoke the second it landed.

After that, everything got weird. The Avengers, at least a part of them, stood suddenly around Spiderman, cutting off almost every single exit there was. Slowly they came closer, and Peter couldnt do anything but stand there and try not to panic.

"Spiderman. We need you to come with us. If you cooperate, everything will be much easier for you," Ironman said and took one step forward. That didn't calm Peter down at all, especially not the hidden threat in the last sentence.

"Why- Why do I have to come with you?" the boy asked and took a step back to get away from the man in front of him. That didn't get him a lot, as all of them stepped forward and made the circle around the boy smaller.

"We'll answer that later. But you have to come with us now," the man in the iron suit answered and stretched out his hand to Spiderman's arm, attempting to grab him.

Peter flinched away and looked for some kind of exit, and started to panic when he found none. The only way out was to fight and then run, if he didnt want to get kidnapped - if you could call it that.

He turned around and webbed up the person that was behind him just moments ago. When they, who Peter recognized as Hawkeye, fell over, he ran. His Spidey sense warned him from the blast right behind him, so he could dodge it, but he still stumbled and fell down.

That was all the Avengers needed, and only moments later they were around the boy again. Ironman made an attempt to grab him for the second time, but got interrupted by a knife cutting through the air right next to said hand. Everyone looked in the direction the knife came from, and there was a certain merc with a mouth.

Deadpool was known by the Avengers, and they honestly didn't really like him. For many reasons.

Peter used the short moment of confusion and webbed up as many Avengers as he could in that moment, which only included Captain America. At least two of them were down, so it was at least slightly easier for Spiderman to fight them as if all of them were still up.

Together with Deadpool, the two of them started to actually fight the heroes. Hawkeye somehow managed to get out of the webs in the middle of the fight and then started to free Captain America. That surely didn't make the whole situation easier for the two boys in red.

But Deadpool and Spiderman were a good team, so even though Peter had to constantly remind his friend of not killing any of them, in the end all of the Avengers were either knocked out on the floor or webbed up.

While their enemies, or so Deadpool called them, didn't end up with any serious injuries, both other boys had a lot of cuts, slight burns and other, non-fatal, wounds.

They decided to go to Peters apartment, as it was the closest, so they could patch up their wounds. Even though Peter didn't really want Deadpool to know where he lived. But his friend assured him that he already knew from spying on Spiderman. Which didn't comfort Peter that much.

About half an hour later, their wounds were cleaned, patched up and what had to be stitched was stitched. They helped each other, but still didn't give away their faces nor their names. Even though both of them wondered what the other one looked like (especially Deadpool did), they didn't really want the other one to find out who they were (Deadpool less than Spiderman).

But Deadpool cared too much about his friend to push him to take off the mask and make him uncomfortable.

After a couple of minutes of rest, the merc with a mouth tried to convince Peter to come with him to get something to eat.

"Come on Spidey! It's gonna be fun and you need something to eat!"

"Deadpool, no! I can't go out there when the Avengers are probably looking for me!" Peter responded, his voice getting louder and a little bit shakier with the last words.

"But you have to eat something to properly heal! Actually, when was the last time you've eaten something beside the chimichanga yesterday?" his friend now asked, his voice filled with concern.

"Uh..."

"Alright, Im getting food now, you don't have to come with me if you don't want to. Don't go anywhere, and if you do, I'll find you and will personally force you to eat something," the mercenary told the vigilante with a serious undertone, instead of the usual playful one, glaring at him while doing so.

"Alright, alright. I won't go anywhere, I promise." Peter sighed. He really didn't want to fight with his probably only friend he had outside the group chat.

After Deadpool left the apartment, Peter changed out of his suit into casual clothes. He kept the mask in the sweater pocket, so he could put it back on as soon as the mercenary came back.

Having done that, Peter cleaned up the mess the two of them made while patching up each others wounds, and layed down on his bed again. It was comfortable and he was exhausted and tired, so he fell asleep not long after.

[A/N this chapter was edited on 24/1/22]