CHAPTER 16

Monday evening

Peter's way 'home', or rather to the alleyway he left his stuff in, was quite peaceful, to say the least. The sun was almost set and there were slightly fewer people in the subway than earlier in the afternoon, but still a lot, so the boy made sure not to bump into anybody.

Out of the subway, Peter started walking back to the alleyway. Grey concrete all around him with small spots of green in it, he wandered through the streets of New York City. He took an extra-long way so he wouldn't be in that sad small space for longer than he had to be.

While he walked, he thought about what happened in the past few days, weeks, months. He lost family and friends, found new friends, and had to leave some of them just a bit later, only because he had the worst luck imaginable. It was a miracle that he managed to survive for so long after Aunt May died.

Peter also remembered that he had to give the group chat some kind of an explanation, but obviously, he couldn't just tell them what happened. He'd have to think of a lie so they wouldn't get suspicious when he couldn't answer them for some time, at least until he could find someplace with internet access and electricity to use his phone and/or laptop for long enough.

With all those thoughts in mind, he kept on walking.

When Peter finally turned into the alley, everything seemed normal. Keyword: seemed.

Everything he had left there before he went to the internship was gone, leaving Peter with nothing but the stuff he had on him and in his backpack, that being only his t-shirt, jeans, and whatever there was in his backpack left. "Even my schoolbooks aren't here anymore," Peter thought. "Who the heck would even want to steal high school schoolbooks??"

Altogether, Peter wasn't that surprised that his stuff was gone, it was bound to happen sooner or later, and this time, Parker Luck stroke rather soon than early. It was just sad that he now didn't have anything else to wear but what he was wearing, so he would have to find a way to get new clothes and wash the ones he had, or it might raise suspicions at work or his internship.

Oh right, work. Peter still hadn't checked if his boss had responded, they probably did but he didn't see it. The boy took out his laptop, he'd have to charge it again as soon as possible. The power wasn't that low, but if he wouldn't have electricity for some time, he should at least be prepared.

He opened the email from his boss and read it. It said that they wanted to talk about that in person, that'd be much easier and faster. They asked when he'd have time, and Peter answered that he'd have time tomorrow in the morning. A reply came quickly, agreeing on 9 am. He smiled and closed his laptop again.

Maybe, just maybe, at least some parts of his life could get a tiny bit better.

Notes:

First off, thanks to my amazing partner who helped me write this (and who's always been helping me) It already took me long enough to write this, without their help it probably wouldn't have been finished in a long time, or it would've been complete shit

Second, I'm honestly very sorry for not updating in such a long time. I simply hadn't had any motivation to write anything at all, and not being able to write that one scene definitely didn't help.

But thanks to all the readers reading and commenting, your comments always make my day!