Chapter 28

When Peter woke up to the smell of coffee coming out of the kitchen corner, it took him a while to realise why he was sitting on the floor and not lying on the couch like he usually does. Only when he turned around to see Deadpool lying on the couch instead Peter remembered what had happened last night.

He walked up to Matt a few minutes after he woke up, stretching his aching back as he did so.

"I see you brought someone over," Matt said, not even bothering with a simple 'good morning'.

"Yeah, sorry about that," Peter apologized. "It's–"

"Deadpool, I know. I haven't heard anything from him in a while, how is he doing?"

"I– I don't know what happened, but..." Peter was unsure of how to phrase what he wanted to say, but Matt seemed to understand what he meant and hummed in response, turning back to the fried eggs he was making (how? Peter doesn't really know either).

They ate their breakfast in silence. There didn't seem to be any need to ask any questions before Deadpool woke up.

After they finished eating, Matt went with Foggy to their office while Peter watched over Deadpool, who still hasn't woken up, for a bit longer.

When Deadpool still didn't make any move to wake up after over an hour, Peter decided to leave him a note to call either him or Matt when he woke up so Peter could continue the patrol he had been forced to cut short yesterday.

Patrol went as usual, no major occurrences, so Peter went back to Matt's apartment to rest for a few hours until he had the meeting with Romanoff, Barnes, Barton, and maybe Fury.

Deadpool was asleep when Peter came back, but it looked like he had gotten up while Peter was gone and drank some water, if the half full glass on the coffee indicated anything, then fell asleep again.

Peter sat on one of the arm chairs, set himself an alarm so he wouldn't be late again and turned on his favorite music over his headphones. The major part of the time until the alarm rang he spent sleeping or scrolling on Tumblr with the occasional YouTube video in between. Deadpool hadn't moved the entire time, it was as if he were dead (he wasn't, Peter checked multiple times over the few hours).

When the time came for Peter to go, he left another note for Deadpool saying he'd be gone for a few hours but Matt should come back soon. That done, he opened the window and jumped out.

-

Tony, Steve, and Thor were attacking various Hydra agents, trying to keep them from entering the warehouse behind them, where dangerous chemicals and big weapons were supposedly dealt with and stored.

"Steve, where the hell are the others!?" Tony yelled into the comms, flying higher to get a quick overview over the situation on hand—it could be somewhat manageable for just the three of them, but help from their teammates wouldn't be a bad idea.

"I don't know, I told them all to get here as soon as possible but only Nat replied with a 'we'll be there soon' a while ago and since then nothing!" Steve yelled back, dodging a blast and throwing his shield to where it came from.

"I'll call Clint, maybe she'll be more helpful," Tony said and took Steve's following silence as his agreement. "Jarvis, call Clint."

"Already on it," Jarvis replied, the familiar voice soothing Tony as he kept sending energy blasts to the nearest Hydra agents.

It took a while for Clint to finally answer. "Yeah?" she said.

"Where the hell are you guys? We could really use your help right now!" Tony yelled over the sound of a rain of bullets hitting his armor.

"We're almost there and we got an extra guy too."

"Good, keep the introductions for after the fighting, 'kay? See ya."

Just a few minutes later they arrived and it didn't take too long for Tony to figure out who the "extra guy" was, a quick look at the webbed-up Hydra agents told him everything he needed to know.

"Hey Nat, if the guy's helping us, has he got comms?" he asked.

"Uh, yeah, hi, I've got comms, uh, are they working?" a new voice, Tony assumed Spiderman's, asked.

"Seem to be working just fine." If the voice sounded familiar to Tony, he didn't dwell on it for too long. "You good down there?" he asked when unclear muttering came through the comms.

"Yeah, all good and fine, how do I turn the comms off? I kinda talk a lot while fighting and I don't wanna distract you guys," Spiderman responded.

"Tap twice, same if you want to turn them on again."

"Great, tha–" The audio was cut off mid-sentence.

It didn't take too long, an hour tops though, but soon enough all Hydra agents were either knocked unconscious or webbed up by Spiderman.

Thor had insisted on going back to the tower and prepare them a late dinner (Tony let it slide this once even though Thor is a terrible cook), so the remaining five Avengers plus Spiderman met up on one of the many roofs without him. They would've done that in the tower as usual, but all of them were pretty sure Spiderman wouldn't have gone with them, so they went with a rooftop instead this once.

"Good fight, guys," Steve said, looking approvingly at everyone, then turned to Nat, Bucky, and Clint. "Though there is one thing I meant to ask, why didn't you three respond?"

"Yeah, and why is Spiderguy with you?" Tony asked, keeping his eyes trained on Spiderman.

Nat and Clint shared a few quick looks while Bucky seemed to have a staring contest with Steve, then Nat talked first. "You know that mission about capturing Spiderman Fury gave us some time ago?" Not waiting for an answer, she continued. "I had a different plan, and James helped me."

"What was that plan?" Steve asked.

"Simple. Talk instead of fight."

Spiderman's mask eyes squinted and he said something, but his quiet voice and his mask made his words incomprehensible.

"Sorry?" Tony asked, turning his head towards him.

"I said, she left out the kidnapping part."

"It happens," Nat said when everybody's but Bucky's heads turned toward her.

"The kidnapping part or mentioning the kidnapping part?"

"Yes."

"Thank you for this very clarifying answer."

"Stop it, you two," Steve said. "You can continue this later when we're back at the tower, alright?"

Both Nat and Tony glared at him, but neither said anything.

"Alright then. Now we–"

"Sorry not sorry for interrupting you there Stevie, but Spidey, why are there so many webs on your body? Did some of your equipment break or does it have a deeper meaning?" Tony asked, making everyone's heads turn to Spiderman, who was fidgeting with his fingers, seemingly anxious to get away from there.

"I... ran into some guys I webbed up and the webs stuck to me?" Spiderman's answer seemed more like a question than an actual answer and him tilting his head didn't quite make it better.

"And that also explains why they're slowly turning red? A dark red, you could even say it looks like blood?" Clint said.

That made Spiderman look at his arms, stomach, and legs, everywhere he had webs covering parts of his suit. "Oh well that's not ideal, is it?" he responded and promptly collapsed.

A/N: look, this might or might not seem a bit rushed but i really want to wrap this fic up soon because i hate at least half of it and want to rewrite it better, but i can't really do that if i haven't finished this. so, sorry if this seems rushed but this is better than all 3 other options i had in terms of continuing this fic (also sorry for making you guys wait again, fuck school and my inability to organize my time)