Chapter 2

Narrated Anas bin Malik:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you should wish for death because of a calamity befalling him; but if he has to wish for death, he should say: "O Allah! Keep me alive as long as life is better for me, and let me die if death is better for me.' "

Sahih al-Bukhari, 5671
In-Book Reference: Book 75, Hadith 31

*****

Later in the night, Hanan was sitting on the sofa of her room when she heard a knock on the door, and the person entered without waiting for her reply.

When she saw Eman, she knew it has to be her!

"Ya Hanan," Eman said sitting beside Hanan on the sofa.

"Yes, anything wrong?" Hanan asked scrutinizing her.

"No" Eman shook her head, avoiding Hanan's gaze.

"Hmm" Hanan hummed in return, knowing Eman's nature, she can't hide anything from her, whatever it is she would tell her even if it's not now.

"Abu and Ammi said I should call you, there are waiting for you in Abu's living room" Eman informed her.

"Okay, and you're telling me now?" Hanan shakes her head standing up.

"Ya Hanan, whatever our parents are going to tell you, please obey them" Eman advised her, as she stands up too.

"Now you're making me feel goosebumps,"

"Promise me you'll obey them" Eman begged with her eyes.

"Why are you so hell-bent on making me obey them on what they're going to tell me? What is it?" Hanan asked.

"You'll find out when you go to them" Eman replied.

"Or is it another marriage proposal?" Hanan asked because that's the only thing her parents are worried about seeing her get married again, even after knowing the vow she made of not marrying again!

Eman didn't reply her. "I knew it!" Hanan exclaimed and stormed out of her room.

"Ya Hanan listen" Eman went after her, but decided to let her be as she saw her go towards the direction of their father's living room.

***

"Assalamu alaikum," Hanan said entering the living room.

"Waalaikumussalam" Her parents, Alhaji Aali Kabir and Hajiya Rabi'a Shuaib replied to her.

"Abu and Ammi what did I just hear from Eman? Are you planning another marriage for me?" Hanan asked hurt.

"No, my daughter, sit down then we can discuss it," Abu said caringly, Hanan nodded as she find a seat and sit down opposite where her parents were sitting.

"You know Ammar Sheik was here at our house earlier right?" Abu asked and Hanan nodded wondering where the conversation is going.

"Okay he has brought a marriage proposal for you, he wanted to get married to you" Abu dropped the bomb, making Hanan freeze for a minute because the thing shock her, because why will he want to get married to her?

"Hanan" Ammi called for her when she noticed she didn't say anything.

"Ammi" Hanan answered looking at her mother.

"Abu, why would that ruthless man send a marriage proposal for me?" Hanan said in thought because she didn't find any reason for him to do that.

"He's not ruthless" Ammi uttered.

"Ammi you're now sounding like Eman! I don't know what he did to you to depend him like that but I'll never get married to him!" Hanan was determined by her words.