Chapter 9

Narrated Abu Huraira:
"Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)  said, "By Him in Whose Hands my life is, none of you will have faith till he loves me more than his father and his children."

Sahih al-Bukhari, 14
In-Book Reference: Book 2, Hadith 7

*****

"Hanan, how about we stop at an ice cream parlor?" Ammar suggested as they were on their way home after visiting Ammar's father.

"Okay," Hanan nodded, she can't resist the temptation of ice cream, right?

"Take us to the nearest ice cream parlor," Ammar told the driver.

"Okay, Sir," He replied.

"Hanan, you want to have some ice cream?" Tareeq asked, turning around and looking at Hanan from the passenger seat.

"Yes," Hanan replied.

"Face your front, Tareeq," Ammar said coldly.

"Sorry," Tareeq stifled his laughter and face his front as Ammar had instructed.

***

"Let's go, sweetheart," Ammar said, offering his hand to her, but Hanan, being herself, ignored him and started walking ahead.

They arrived at the ice cream parlor.

"Wait for me, sweetheart," Ammar said, going after her.

"That's not the right way to treat your husband," Ammar said.

"I didn't know that," Hanan feigned ignorance.

"Don't follow us in, stay outside," Ammar told the bodyguards.

"But I can follow you in right?" Tareeq asked.

"No," Ammar said sternly.

"What? I also want to buy ice cream," Tareeq complained.

"I'll buy it for you," Ammar said, and with that, they entered the ice cream shop with Hanan.

"Isn't that Ammar Sheik?"

"It is Ammar Sheik!"

"The lady beside him is his wife, right?"

"They look so perfect together!"

"Gosh, he's so handsome."

"His wife is also beautiful."

Some ladies whispered immediately after Ammar and Hanan entered the ice cream parlor.

Ammar and Hanan approached the counter, where an enthusiastic young man in a striped apron stood, ready to take their orders.

"Welcome to The Ice Cream Oasis! What can I get you today?" The server asked, his eyes bouncing between the two.

"A scoop of strawberry and a scoop of chocolate for the lady here," Ammar make an order for Hanan.

"How did you know that's exactly how I like my ice cream?" Hanan asked, raising her brow.

Ammar's eyes flickered with a hint of panic but quickly masked it away. "I have my ways," He smirked.

"Whatever," Hanan rolled her eyes.

The server handed the ice cream cone to Hanan after scooping the requested flavors into it.

"What about you, Sir?" The server turned his attention to Ammar.

"A scoop of vanilla," Ammar replied, even though he wasn't a fan of sweet things. He had to order it to keep Hanan company while she enjoyed her ice cream.