Chapter 8

Narrated Anas:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself."

Sahih al-Bukhari, 13
In-Book Reference: Book 2, Hadith 6

*****

The sunlight filtering through the curtains gently woke Hanan from her sleep. She stretched and recited the prayer of waking up, before finally getting out of bed.

As she looked around the room, the reality of her new life hit her—she was no longer living in her father's house but was now married and living with her husband.

Thoughts of Ammar crossed her mind, wondering if he had spent the night standing or had gone to his room. But she brushed it off, realizing it was not her concern.

Hanan shrugged off her thoughts and made her way to the bathroom for a shower. After getting dressed, she realized how hungry she was, having not eaten since the morning before. To find something to eat, she headed towards the door, unaware of where the kitchen was located.

As soon as Hanan opened the door, she was greeted by Ammar's bright smile. "Good morning, sweetheart," he greeted her.

Hanan glared at him before asking, "Did you spend the entire night standing?" A smirk played on her lips.

"What choice did I have? My wife refused to let me enter the room. So I guarded her all night," Ammar replied.

"Lies," Hanan said, studying him and noticing that he looked refreshed, not like someone who had spent the night standing.

"Okay, I just went and took a bath, I promise," Ammar admitted. Hanan ignored him and started walking, searching for the stairs, with Ammar following behind her.

Hanan sighed with relief when she found the stairs. As she descended, she realized Ammar was still following her. "Why are you following me?" she turned and glared at him.

"I'm also hungry," Ammar returned her glare with a smile.

"Who told you I'm hungry?" Hanan asked, and her stomach chose that moment to rumble, making her embarrassed.

"I didn't hear that," Ammar chuckled, making her even more embarrassed. She ignored him and continued descending the stairs.

"Where is the kitchen?" Hanan asked, not seeing any signs of it.

"It's that way, but for now, let's go to the dining room. The maid has already arranged the food," Ammar informed her. She nodded and followed him to the dining room.

***

After having breakfast, Hanan decided to explore the house on her own. She wanted to familiarize herself with the layout since she would be living there.

She was enchanted by the grandeur of the luxurious house—the elegant foyer with crystal chandeliers, the majestic spiral staircase with a delicately wrought iron banister, and the stunning stained glass skylight on the landing.

She explored the living rooms with their floor-to-ceiling windows, luxurious furnishings, and cozy library with leather-bound books. The gourmet kitchen impressed her with its high-end appliances and marble countertops. Hanan also discovered a private spa with an indoor pool, sauna, and Jacuzzi, as well as a home theater and a gym room.

Once she finished touring the interior, Hanan decided to explore the exterior of the house. She was amazed by the architectural beauty, noticing the intricate carvings and well-maintained gardens. Despite the presence of bodyguards, she chose to ignore them, wondering why Ammar needed such security.