Chapter 7

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:
A man asked the Prophet (ﷺ), "What sort of deeds or (what qualities of) Islam are good?" The Prophet (ﷺ) replied, 'To feed (the poor) and greet those whom you know and those whom you do not Know (See Hadith No. 27).

Sahih al-Bukhari, 12
In-Book Reference: Book 2, Hadith 5

*****

"Tareeq how do I look?" Ammar asked as he glanced at the clothes he was wearing.

"I think okay" Tareeq teased.

"What? I have to look handsome as it's my wedding day with Hanan! Maybe I'll change the clothing to another one" Ammar attempted to remove the Babbar Riga.

"I'm joking with you. You know you've to look handsome in this expensive cotton brocade fabric you're wearing" Tareeq said making Ammar to sighed in relief.

"Tareeq when did I start joking with you?" Ammar asked glaring at him.

"Sorry Sir" Tareeq apologised.

"I got you!" Ammar burst into a fit of laughter making Tareeq stare in bewilderment.

"I think I'll be seeing more of you laughing since you're marrying Hanan. It's a good thing that I won't be seeing your emotionless face all day!" Tareeq said smiling.

"Yeah. And why are you calling Hanan's name without any respect?" Ammar raised his brow.

"Sorry. But what should I be calling her? Ms. Hanan or Sister-in-law?" Tareeq asked.

"Sister-in-law" Ammar smirked.

"Okay. But you too you're calling her Hanan" Tareeq complained.

"Is me and you the same?" Ammar asked and Tareeq shook his head.

"Tareeq, you have invited the media right?" Ammar inquired.

"Yes they would be at the Wedding Fatiha, and also they would be at Sister-in-law's house later" Tareeq informed and Ammar nodded.

"But why do you want the media to witness your wedding?" Tareeq questioned.

"I want the world to know Hanan is mine!" Ammar said possessively.

"Or you want him not to make any advances towards sister-in-law since now she's your wife!" Tareeq utters.

"Bingo" Ammar grinned.

"That's why you're my best friend" Ammar added smiling.

"Yes, and you can't do anything without me, Ammar!" Tareeq said proudly.

"Your wish" Ammar scoff.

"Now let's hurry up and go to the mosque, you don't want to be late to your wedding right?" Tareeq smirked.

"How can I? The day I have been waiting for since... Never mind" Ammar said as he adjusted the cap in his head. He looked at himself once more before he left for the mosque with Tareeq.

***

"Hanan please stop crying and not smudge your makeup," Mehar said as she patted Hanan's back softly as she cried her heart out.

"How can I stop crying? When my Nikha with that ruthless man is happening in just a few minutes!" Hanan said as she continue crying.

"Mehar, would Zain ever forgive me, for breaking the vow and not remaining his widow for the rest of my life?" Hanan asked hiccupping.

"Zain would be happy with the decision you made, as he doesn't want you to stay alone for the rest of your life" Mehar replied consoling Hanan.

"Mehar thank you so much. You're always been there for me in my weakest moment. Even when I lost Zain, you were there with me through it all. You even deferred your session in school with me even though we are not studying the same course. What can I do to ever repay you?" Hanan said gratefully as she hugged Mehar crying.